Golf watches around £200

Tinkerman

Visit site
I picked up the Garmin S20 2nd hand from the bay for £100. Does the same stats as the S40 from what I can tell and doesn't appear to have missed any shots so far. Doesn't measure putts unless you have the CT10 sensors. Stats on the Garmin app aren't as good as I've seen elsewhere though (ShotScope, Arccos or even MyRoundPro app). Didn't want to pay as much for SS, had Arccos with my Cobra clubs but wasn't impressed with it missing shots or the subscription fee, and MyRoundPro only works on Apple Watch.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I have the S40 Approach, really pleased with it, does everything I need and when synced to my phone records useful information. I don't even take my laser with me any more.
Strange, I'm the opposite. I wore my brand new S40 for the first time on Tuesday and didn't use it once. I relied on my laser for the whole round.

I'm taking it out again today to see how it goes but if I'm not using it then it becomes pointless, and I'll be cashing in.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange, I'm the opposite. I wore my brand new S40 for the first time on Tuesday and didn't use it once. I relied on my laser for the whole round.

I'm taking it out again today to see how it goes but if I'm not using it then it becomes pointless, and I'll be cashing in.

Used my s62 for the second time today. I love it - gives exactly the info I want at a glance, with a lot more info if I want it.

Personally I find lasers a bit faffy, prefer the simplicity of the watch, but I’ve never really given my laser a proper chance.

I like stats so enjoy recording every shot to build up an accurate view of real world distance on all my clubs

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Just sent you a message

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Used my s62 for the second time today. I love it - gives exactly the info I want at a glance, with a lot more info if I want it.

Personally I find lasers a bit faffy, prefer the simplicity of the watch, but I’ve never really given my laser a proper chance.

I like stats so enjoy recording every shot to build up an accurate view of real world distance on all my clubs

Yes, saw a review of this one. Does do much more than the s60. Hit a shot, tell it which club you used etc. Seems brilliant

Provee1knobi

Visit site
i have a garmin venu, it’s a multi sports watch, inc golf as per the approach etc , ( I have a garmin G80 and the yards are identical on both devices) . It also monitors , sleep , gps cycling ,, normally buy one for about £175

Boomy

Visit site
I’ve just ordered a set of the Garmin CT10 sensors - excited to see the results now I’ve seen the info above. I didn’t realise they tracked shots/holes like that ?

boyfabulos

Visit site
So I carry a Bushnell laser as a rule but having recently joined a new GTF course in finding slot of blind tee shots where I cannot zap the pin.

Currently torn between a golf buddy w10 or approach s40 so interested to hear feedback on either of these, also are there any others I should be looking at in this bracket?

Approach s40 Works for everyone and everywhere in my experience

evemccc

Visit site
Any users of the Bushnell Neo Ion GPS watch?
I’m keen on one, just want cheapness and reliability and simplicity. Basically distances to Middle Front and Back

Thoughts appreciated

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
FYI, anyone considering a watch over a laser please check the gps strength on your course. Recently acquired an s2 and i cannot use it for 3 or the last 4 holes due to signal strength (lose it half way down 15 and resumes halfway down 18) checked on mobile and also lose reception on the phone.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I have the Aim W10, which came in at a decent price (£189), but I find it slightly irritating. The touchscreen is just way too fiddly for my liking and, as a consequence, I really only use it at my home club for yardage into the green.

Some of the functions just aren’t intuitive, especially manually changing holes. If I hop between holes then, if I am missing more than a couple out, changing holes on the W10 is a right royal pain.

It’s okay, nothing more.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have the Garmin Music Vivoactive 3 - it's great for golf and has I think the same golf data and screens as the S60. It also allows you to download podcasts and music onto it to use without a phone. I picked up from Amazon for about £140. I'd recommend for that price and great for reviewing your ound after using Garmin Connect as show above

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Garmin Music Vivoactive 3 - it's great for golf and has I think the same golf data and screens as the S60. It also allows you to download podcasts and music onto it to use without a phone. I picked up from Amazon for about £140. I'd recommend for that price and great for reviewing your ound after using Garmin Connect as show above

I have the Garmin vivoactive 3 too, was a better option as I wear it all the time and not justnfor golf.

TigerBear

Visit site
I have the shotscope V3.

Can't fault it and has good battery life.

Has all the stats, etc. if you're interested in that.