Golf video games

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sadly I think that the days of the big budget golf game release are gone. The move from Tiger Woods to Rory McIlroy golf saw that off (so that change has killed of Nike Golf and EA Golf games :):)) The RM game came out totally bare bones with so little content. Some was added but too little too late. Pity as I enjoyed those games and liked the more arcade style play. Think it peaked with the one that linked to the Weather Channel so as your round was played in the same live conditions as the course at the time. The Golf Club is OK but I found it a bit sterile, I liked the bells and whistles of TW golf. Might get something on the next generation of consoles but I doubt it. Seems that only football, NFL, basketball and Ice Hockey have the numbers to warrant new games.
One thing I did like about Tiger Woods games was that you could actually play as tour pros with their different characteristics. On TGC you just play as yourself. It's a good leveller online of course, that nobody has any particular advantage - but if playing a private game with your mates it would be cool to play as Tiger, Bubba, Mickelson or whoever. In fact those names are not even in the leaderboards in career mode, it's all made up names.

1rtomlinson

Visit site
True, I got bored of the single player career after the second season run through. I mostly just play in the online societies now - some interesting and well made user courses crop up in those.

I was trying to complete the sponsorship goals however I didn't realise if you get stuck on one you could select another one to be active. I've just give up in the end because a lot of the goals I had already done!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was trying to complete the sponsorship goals however I didn't realise if you get stuck on one you could select another one to be active. I've just give up in the end because a lot of the goals I had already done!
I don't even know where you view them, it would just pop up occasionally saying I'd got one. And unlocked an Under Armour pair of shoes or something.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I couldn’t bring myself to buy TGC2019 as buying TGC2 felt like I paid for a full game when all I got was a patch for TGC1.

Maybe I will have forgiven them by TGC20 but it’s unlikely.

carldudley

Visit site
Read this thread and whacked this game on last night, i have to agree the online stuff is really good. Played a couple of Skins games - didn't come off too badly. Will be going the same tonight (if i don't go the range) I think, good fun.