Golf Union levies

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I believe these are due at the beginning of a calendar year, but if you move courses it's likely to be during the year - I presume you only need to pay once?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
This was from my current club back in December.

I am writing regarding your golf union levy, which is now due for renewal. This is set by the England Golf Union and the GGU/GLCGA. For the 2020 membership year the amount due is:

£28.20 for men

This will include the issue of a GGU County Card to all male members. A suitable County Card will be prepared and distributed to golf clubs early in the New Year.

Direct Debit Subscription Payers

If you pay your subs by monthly direct debit. The relevant Levy will be included in your January direct debit and is a one-off annual payment of the amount listed above.

So if I move to another club on April 1st, nothing more to pay I presume.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Depends what you mean by “levies”.
Having looked at this further, I have paid for my County Card by DD from my bank account, and then had County ‘affiliation fees’ included in my memberships.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Depends what you mean by “levies”.
Having looked at this further, I have paid for my County Card by DD from my bank account, and then had County ‘affiliation fees’ included in my memberships.

I always assumed you paid your "levies" and then the County Card was free - I've never paid separately for a Count Card

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I pay the fees separately in Worcestershire at WP but in Staffordshire they are in the fees at Enville. Probably due to Enville being a members club and WP owned by a company?

I don't pay extra for a county card.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This was from my current club back in December.

I am writing regarding your golf union levy, which is now due for renewal. This is set by the England Golf Union and the GGU/GLCGA. For the 2020 membership year the amount due is:

£28.20 for men

This will include the issue of a GGU County Card to all male members. A suitable County Card will be prepared and distributed to golf clubs early in the New Year.

Direct Debit Subscription Payers

If you pay your subs by monthly direct debit. The relevant Levy will be included in your January direct debit and is a one-off annual payment of the amount listed above.

So if I move to another club on April 1st, nothing more to pay I presume.

£28.20? Is that amount correct ours is £18.75. It is listed a separate item on my fee.

England Golf fee is £9.50 so I presume the rest goes to county

https://www.englandgolf.org/about-us/my-affiliation-fee/

I know Dorset CGU post all the terms and conditions on their website via the Rules and Regs.
I would expect your county to do the same.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe these are due at the beginning of a calendar year, but if you move courses it's likely to be during the year - I presume you only need to pay once?

From your county ToCs

2.1.2 Such annual affiliation fees shall be payable once per calendar year and shall be calculated on a per capita basis for every playing member irrespective of membership category as at and paid on a date sixty days after the Member Club’s annual membership renewal date or, if a Member Club does not have one fixed date for renewal of membership for all members, on such date as may be agreed between the Club, Union and England Golf and, failing agreement, the 1 April in each year.

From your other thread re your old club their year starts 1st April so the fee paid to them covers the period up to 31st March 2021. What is the start of the year for your new club? If it was the 1st of January you are not overpaying by a great amount.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
might be different in england but we pay them for each club membership so if you are a member at more than one club you pay it for each.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The fact is that it is the club which pays the affiliation fee, not the member, its just that how much the club pays depends on the number of members. It's true that some clubs bill members separately for the fees but this makes no more sense than billing each member for his share of the gas & electricity costs.

My club have life members who, having paid the relevant fee, don't have to pay anything else - ever. Recently the club decided that life members must pay the annual County & England Golf affiliation fees otherwise they would not be eligible to play in competitions away from their home club. I doubt the legality of this because the fees are an obligation of the club, not the member, but nobody has put this to the test.

Your membership fee covers the fees just as it covers all the other costs of the club.

D

Deleted member 17920

I pay the fees separately in Worcestershire at WP but in Staffordshire they are in the fees at Enville. Probably due to Enville being a members club and WP owned by a company?

I don't pay extra for a county card.
For the union fees they are for each county.

So you pay Worcestershire and Staffordshire separate for each club.

You should just pay the England golf fee once and that is to your home club.

D

Deleted member 17920

You pay the England golf fee once and your county union fees once. But it depends on when your fees are due and when they pay the county.

With you changing clubs you may have to pay twice this year as your new club might do all here numbers in April May time.