Golf Trolly

WideEyedFox

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I managed to put my back out at the weekend while on the golf course, 3rd hole, but soldiered on anyway with bogey after bogey until I got par at the 9th and called it a day. (Yes, I warmed up. Yes I was wearing lots of layers, including a compression base layer)

I use a Ping Hoofer C1 stand bag, and have always carried my golf clubs, but jokingly the Pro commented I may be getting too old now for carrying my clubs and may need to invest in a trolley. Laughing it off (and gritting my teeth in to a smile) I later wondered if there was any mileage in his comment.

When in my 20's I damaged my L3 and L4 vertebrae Thai Boxing (knee to the spine), but wondered if there were any other members who made the switch from carry to trolley, and did it help? My main course is very hilly, with only 3 holes almost flat, so wondered if a trolley would really help. Pulling/pushing a trolley + clubs Vs. carrying them on my shoulder.

I quite like the look of the Stewart Z3, even though the 3 wheel trolley's look a lot like child's buggy's these days.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would confirm that a 3 wheel trolley does make life easier. Probaly not at present because I would imagine they'll be banned onost courses. The Stewart is a nice bit of kit but so is the clicgear and I find my motocaddy is good too.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the stewart w3 carry bag and its a great piece of kit imho. would look very nice on a trolley from time to time. At least their push trolleys dont break down unlike the remote ones ;)

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
To be honest if you have a hilly course i woudnt get a push trolley i would get the Motocaddy S1 Digital

My course is hilly and it was hard work pushing the old manual trolley in the summer time

Winter time i struggle and carry, when spring comes i will use the S1 again

Seems the electric trolley is becoming more accepted with the younger golfer too !

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got sick of charging the battery all the time, lugging it all out to the car etc. Thats why I carry 100% at the mo.

one of the blokes at my course uses a clic gear and that looks a great piece of kit.

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have recently developed scaitica down my left leg and found carrying agrivated it. Have now got a clicgear 3.0 with hedgehogs and it really helps. Our course is a bit hilly but the push trolly copes well.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A GoKart electric trolley and just wander round the course - can't beat it, especially in the good weather!

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a push trolley and plan to move to an electric trolley when funds permit. I've never carried and never will as I had back problems a few years ago because of rugby and weigh training. I just think why should we put our backs through more pressure than we need to, you don't see pro's carrying and for good reason