golf trolley

airzrobo

Visit site
hi all
anyone know about fixing electric golf trolleys my wife bought me one from e-bay the only marking on it is a kaddy kid cover on the battery the problem i have is i have a remote for the trolley and when i switch the button on and press forwards it just clicks like it wants to move but nothing happens i give it a shove and it just turns right a bit like the left motor does not pull but when i lift all wheels in the air both wheels turn but the right seems a bit quicker than the left is it just the clutches if at all possible will this be a quick (and cheap fix) or do you think its the motor and drive shaft
please please help (i have no hair left)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Are the clutches built into the wheels or visible on the outside?

Might just be (if the clutches are outside) that one has slipped out and just needs popping back in.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
hi all
anyone know about fixing electric golf trolleys my wife bought me one from e-bay the only marking on it is a kaddy kid cover on the battery the problem i have is i have a remote for the trolley and when i switch the button on and press forwards it just clicks like it wants to move but nothing happens i give it a shove and it just turns right a bit like the left motor does not pull but when i lift all wheels in the air both wheels turn but the right seems a bit quicker than the left is it just the clutches if at all possible will this be a quick (and cheap fix) or do you think its the motor and drive shaft
please please help (i have no hair left)

Should you looking to fix this at all? My first thought is to get in touch with the Ebay seller and demand a refund or replacement.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
As soon as you put the wheel under load it stops or slows up? It could be a simple as the motor brushes. Take one out and have a look at it's condition, if it's shorter than about 5mm it probably needs replacing.

airzrobo

Visit site
there are no clutches as far as i can see and the pins look ok with a torch swapped the wheels and still the same i will look at the bushes if it does not go out of the window first and if i can get them out

thank you to everyone i now know a place where people dont just laugh in your face for asking a question

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
tried that pal thanks but got no come back at all think he sold a dud and vanished

Have you tried contacting Ebay , this is their buyer protection statement. Worth a try or if not successful at least the seller will be marked as a bad seller.

"In most cases, eBay transactions go through with no problems at all. But we've put safeguards in place to make sure that if anything does go wrong, you will get the item you wanted or your money refunded in full, including postage."

T

thecraw

I'd love to pretend I knew what I was talking about and offer advice however the sum of it would be give it a spray with WD40 and a good kick, that usually sorts everything!

:mmm: