Golf trip

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
If you are on your own mate and don't mind traveling I would love you to try South Africa.

How long you want to go for?
When you looking to go?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Depends on the time of the year. In winter I would probably go to Dubai (or South Africa, but 2.5 k might not even be enough for that). In spring or autumn I'd go to Costa Navarino in Greece (just because I love Greece and golf-wise that seems to be the best choice). In the height of summer? Scotland, I think, especially the west coast and the islands. There are quite a few courses there that look splendidly rugged and remote and I would love to travel around and play them all (which would require some time to go with that cash, though).

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
It'd be for a week ideally, but could stretch to 10 days I suppose.
A tour of Scotland is very appealing but with Winter on the horizon is risky.

South Africa - that's an idea! Never even contemplated it before to be honest.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know if it fits in the budget but Bandon Dunes is where I would look to head. 5 courses on site, plus a short course and a putting course. Seem like heaven on earth to me. The views from the pictures I have seen look amazing.

One day I will get there, don't know when, don't know how, but I will.

http://www.bandondunesgolf.com/

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sand belt in Melbourne, Australia then Barnbougle in Tasmania.

I was thinking this. Proper golf courses.

It's a shame you can't put it off till next summer. If you asked non UK golfers where their dream trip would be, they would go for Scotland. For the simple reason that as long as it's not coming in sideways it's the best golf there is.