Golf Swing

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes one swing fits all. Only the set up changes. Ball position back/forward, depending on club. Why make it harder, by changing swings.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
should your golf swing be the same for every club ?
Trying to get mine the same with a single club is beyond me! :rolleyes:

And while I'm playing with different length clubs, my swing is going to have to be different for different clubs - even if I'm trying to play an equivalent shot.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
doesnt work for me! i have too much of a mad swing to even contemplate this. i play a fade as my natural. i can hit a draw although im sure my swing for this is anything other than textbook.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I seem to remember arguably the greatest player of all time saying his swing is the same with every club AND his ball position is the same with every club.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I seem to remember arguably the greatest player of all time saying his swing is the same with every club AND his ball position is the same with every club.

Feel and real. (...and his ball position actually changed with each club!)

It's impossible to have the same swing. Your shoulders will NATURALLY turn steeper with shorter clubs than with a driver. Your left arm will trend higher with shorter clubs perhaps even staying out in front of you more...

The only thing that can be deemed as similar is tempo.. but even that is subject to change. It's kinda tricky to take more club and hit it softly if you're still hitting it hard :p

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok the swing changes(or does it) as you stand taller with the driver than a 9 iron. But the basic swing is the same. Its just the set up that changes. The swing is still two turns and a swish. Which ever way you look at it.

Seems to me its only S&T that needs 2 swings. You only have to look at the people on here struggling with the driver. To see that. You cant hit down on a driver like a short iron, now can you.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The swing plane must alter to suit the lenght of each club but the mechanics of a standard shot remain much the same. Ball position in your stance does change as you need to be making different types of contact with short and long clubs, the driver for example has the same type of swing it's just that the club has to pass the bottom of the arc and start to rise, this is why the ball is forward in the stance.

You can use a single ball position in relation to the front foot, the trail foot needs to move away progressively as the club gets longer.