Golf stats software

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone got any suggestions? I don't really want to use an internet-based website, and just want something to record my scores and work out my fairways hit, GIR etc

Driverman

Hacker
Visit site
I use a program called Scoresaver which I swear by. Has loads of stats depending how deep you want to go. They have just brought out a new version (Scoresaver 2 funnily enough)which is even better than the first version. A 30-day trial version can be downloaded from www.scoresaver.co.uk with the option to purchase. You need to put at least 30 cards in though on a course before you can start analysing the stats properly. You can input an unlimited number of courses, players and scorecards. Give it a try, I highly reccomend it.

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Intelligolf looked too gadgety for me (I can just about get my phone to make calls, let alone anything else) so I haven't tried it yet. It does seem to have a GPS on-course functionality: I can see that appealling to many who are more technically minded than me!

The Score saver 2 program looks good. Driverman, you are right that you need a few rounds in it to see patterns but it also stores practice sessions and matchplay and lessons (haven't checked those sections out yet).

I play off 13 but for the 2 rounds I put in it says my Fairways Hit stat (58%) is like that of a 7 handicapper, my GIR (24%) like a 12 handicapper and my putting (35/round) like an 18 handicapper. Don't know where they get these handicap values from but they sum up my game pretty accurately. It'll be interesting to see how it looks with more rounds in it.

I'll stick with it over the trial but first impressions are pretty good, thanks for the tip.

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've only had Scoresaver 2 ( Scoresaver website ) for 8 days but am utterly hooked and have bought it! You can record how long you practice with each club and this is broken down into percentages. Apparently I spend 10% of my practice time on the putting green but 40% of my shots per round are putts so I need to practice more on the putting green.

There is so much to this program, especially in the strokeplay analysis bit. e.g. it says if I hit the fairway I have a 48% chance of hitting the green whereas if I miss the fairway that chance goes down to 28%. OK I only have 3 rounds in it but already I can see how this is going to help me.

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can't find any screenshots or downloads at the golfers-clinic site. Am I missing something? It's pretty cheap and might be worth a look but it just looks a bit dodgy. Still in love with Scoresaver 2 here :)