Golf South Ayrshire Season Ticket

Over par

Visit site
Hi,

I currently play on the council courses around Glasgow, the local weather and the limited resources of the council mean these aren't really playable very often in winter (although I understand a lot of clubs in the area have struggled to stay playable with the recent weather).

A friend suggested the Golf South Ayrshire season ticket- unlimited access to 8 municipal courses which seem to be playable for most of the year and according to him better maintained than any of the Glasgow municipals.

http://www.golfsouthayrshire.com/

Just wondered if anybody had experience of the season ticket or any of the courses and any opinions you had.

Thanks.

DCB

Visit site
We have family through there and my BIL uses a season ticket for his golf. Some good courses to play. I probably play at Troon more than anywhere else when through. Lochgreen is a good test of golf, Darley will test you whenever you play it and Fullerton is ideal for a quicker round. Bellisle in Ayr is a good course, score well there and you will have had a hard fought day.

Good value and good courses, what's not to like about it.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The season ticket is good value. If you don't stay in South Ayrshire you have to pay more. There is talk of them closing Dalmilling and Maybole, the reality is you probably wouldn't drive past the Troon courses to get to. Darley is a real test and can be as tough as it gets. You just need to watch for the never ending trail of dog walkers around the course - they do own the course !!

Depending when you played The Irvine Golf Club are doing a £275 winter ticket. http://www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk/visitors/green-fees

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ended up going for this option this season. Having got myself a very demanding job in the last year it's become apparent that I'll do well to get more than 35 rounds in this year. Will really miss East Ren but I needed to go for an option where, if I manage to get a few spare hours that I can almost guarantee a game on a full course no matter what time of year.

£415 between now and next April gives me access to Darley, Lochgreen and Fullarton in Troon. Beyond that I have Belleisle and a few other courses. I also love the online booking app. Also maintain my access to discounts on James Braid courses and sign guests on at half price. Overall, a cracking deal.

If anyone wants a hit, let me know.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi,

I currently play on the council courses around Glasgow, the local weather and the limited resources of the council mean these aren't really playable very often in winter (although I understand a lot of clubs in the area have struggled to stay playable with the recent weather).

A friend suggested the Golf South Ayrshire season ticket- unlimited access to 8 municipal courses which seem to be playable for most of the year and according to him better maintained than any of the Glasgow municipals.

http://www.golfsouthayrshire.com/

Just wondered if anybody had experience of the season ticket or any of the courses and any opinions you had.

Thanks.

Hi,

Have you played at Linn Park much? That was one that my and a mate were considering playing through this summer to get some games in.

Is it in reasonable nick through the season? Not bothered about winter conditions.

Cheers