Golf sim setup recommendations

Springveldt

Visit site
In terms of your ball monitor - is it worth seeing what GC3 is like? It looks good from everything that has been put out so far, and is available in October.
$7000 so I'm guessing it will be £7000 over here. Even going for the "cheaper" $3000 version with an $800 yearly subscription to get the data you want (spin numbers) doesn't look great value.

I guess it will be good for instructors at that price though as from the MyGolfSpy article it's basically a GC Quad without some head data.

Since all the hardware is there and the features are turned off in software I wonder if we will see people hack these to enable all the features. I doubt it needs to be always online to work.

G1z1

Visit site
Hit a few full swings yesterday into the enclosure. I have the enclosure right up against the wall for maximum space and because there’s a little give in the screen one of the balls must of hit the back wall and came back out a bit more that I would like. So thinking instead of moving the enclosure I would just slide something in behind the screen. What would be best just some insulation boards ? Or should I just move the enclosure out a foot or two.

G1z1

Visit site
Is there no way to move the screen forward in the enclosure without moving the whole enclosure?
Yes didn’t think of that ill move it forward a bit thanks. Also took of the side tie wraps so it doesn’t bounce off much now

G1z1

Visit site
Played two courses today on the garmin r10 still waiting on the projector so just had to look at the iPad for info. Felt as if I was holding back a bit and it was showing in my distances. Anyone else find this ? Kind of felt as if I was scared to go full swing and only used my hybrid and irons. Great little device and enjoyed playing two courses I know well.

G1z1

Visit site
A39C3541-6318-463F-85DC-3E66984306E3.jpeg2043C1AB-9BFC-4A75-A830-BF356165F2CF.jpeg0F92EF6D-01F8-4E16-B269-91ACB585D651.jpeg
ordered some insulation boards for behind sim and that’s working great no bad bounce backs now. I have found another problem now, there is a bar about 100mm from the floor. I did put pipe insulation around it but I’ve just full swing a driver and it’s somehow hit that pole bounced off like a rocked hit the window 17ft away and exploded an ornament lol I actually hit the bar the other day with a iron. Any ideas what I could do about the bar ? Only a matter of time before I hurt myself or put the window in I think.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a thought, what would be the minimum cost to add courses like Augusta or Pebble beach to an existing Trackman system.
PM me with any ideas(y)

Last edited:

G1z1

Visit site
Any recommendations for a hitting mat ? That tee turf mat that I have is horrible it’s like a sponge hate the thing. Never hit off anything like that before and I’ve had lessons at 6 different pro locations and been to 4 different driving ranges.

D

Deleted member 21445

I posted this video on my You Tube channel about dimensions for my golf sim set up which might help.
Im on absolute minimum requirements.