Golf sim setup recommendations

G1z1

Visit site
Gym mats are down ordering the enclosure and mat tonight so just need to decide on sim and projector next.
1F1F8B59-3E74-43A5-9D3B-4B90E28AD0EB.jpeg3098B3F8-9531-4055-9740-963BB3D2D606.jpeg

Reactions: mab

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you want any advice please let me know. I’ve got 2 sims I built.

Attachments

• 794E8C5B-6726-4E15-AE91-396B412DEA59.jpeg
    794E8C5B-6726-4E15-AE91-396B412DEA59.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 40
  • AA124771-5DB3-4C0F-8087-D6926C762DEF.jpeg
    AA124771-5DB3-4C0F-8087-D6926C762DEF.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 37

G1z1

Visit site
CDE019BE-9F50-44AD-A4EC-8F113296B5F3.jpeg
Tee turf mat got delivered today and put the putting mat down. Just waiting on golf bay to be delivered and pretty sure im going with the garmin. Can always upgrade in a few months time if i feel the need.
Just need to decide on a projector now and im good to go.

Last edited:

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Long day today, but managed to get the majority done.

Carrying upstairs and then cutting the 20mm gym mats was by far the most time consuming part, particularly as there were some fairly intricate cuts.

However, it’s now up and running although I’m too knackered to use it tonight…

589BZod.jpg

hA3xFfe.jpg

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You are a brave man… nothing like the hard wood cabinets when you shank one ?

Those cabinets are a bit of a sore point. They weren’t part of the design… until half way through building everything on Saturday my wife explained she’d quite like all three of them to go along that wall. :eek:

I’d have brought the screen out a few more inches from that wall had I known…

G1z1

Visit site
Anyone with the sky track is there a way to see a list of courses you can buy ? Main reason I’m leaning towards the garmin is because it has all the courses that my garmin watch maps. So I really only want to play courses that I play in real life. Was at the range yesterday practicing and then played St. Andrews on there sim. Was really boring and think it was mainly because I haven’t played the course for real. Would imagine I would love playing my local courses on a sim.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Thats not a good reason to buy the garmin. The courses are so unrealistic its little more than hitting a yardage! Combine that with the frustration of randomly missing left and right and I can barely force myself to play more than 18 before i go back to smashing balls down the range!

I dont mean to hate on the garmin, its way better than nothing, but its definately not as good as the skytrak if you can afford it...

G1z1

Visit site
Thats not a good reason to buy the garmin. The courses are so unrealistic its little more than hitting a yardage! Combine that with the frustration of randomly missing left and right and I can barely force myself to play more than 18 before i go back to smashing balls down the range!

I dont mean to hate on the garmin, its way better than nothing, but its definately not as good as the skytrak if you can afford it...
The main thing for me is courses. Ive seen the YouTube videos and the cartoon look won’t bother me. Now if sky track has all the local courses i play then i dont mind paying the extra for one. I found a list of courses online but I couldn’t see any courses i play in Glasgow so not sure if i was looking at the wrong list or maybe sky track only has more famous courses that i have no interest in playing.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah skytrak will only have the championship courses. Garmin has everycourse ive ever looked for. I even tried to use it to prep for an away course I was playing an open at, was pretty useless to be honest!!

It may be better with a projector though, id never really considered that it might be that im only using it on my phone that takes tge edge off the course experience...

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't get it the wrong way but did you actually tried to check the website for skytrak. There are several simulation option for skytrak. One of them them is The golf club 2019 which have a lot of courses. If your courses are not there you can build it yourself on a computer and added them to the simulation. It's seems you already made your mind about the Garmin. Try Garmin it's only 500 pounds if you don't like it I'm pretty sure you will be able to sell it with not much loss.

G1z1

Visit site
Don't get it the wrong way but did you actually tried to check the website for skytrak. There are several simulation option for skytrak. One of them them is The golf club 2019 which have a lot of courses. If your courses are not there you can build it yourself on a computer and added them to the simulation. It's seems you already made your mind about the Garmin. Try Garmin it's only 500 pounds if you don't like it I'm pretty sure you will be able to sell it with not much loss.
It was the TGC 2019 course list i looked up. Think thats there biggest course package? I play maybe 15 courses regularly and not one of them was on the list. So skytrak is probably not for me. I am happy to sacrifice some stats for more of a fun time playing courses i know.

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
To play E6, TCG, etc. I believe you need a gaming PC. That’s a step further than I want to go at this stage.

WGT is on iOS, so I’m going to try that one out first - it certainly doesn’t have any local Glaswegian courses, moreso courses like Pebble Beach.

iOS is easier for me, but I’m led to believe the WGT software is far inferior to E6, TCG, etc.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To play E6, TCG, etc. I believe you need a gaming PC. That’s a step further than I want to go at this stage.

WGT is on iOS, so I’m going to try that one out first - it certainly doesn’t have any local Glaswegian courses, moreso courses like Pebble Beach.

iOS is easier for me, but I’m led to believe the WGT software is far inferior to E6, TCG, etc.
When I looked at it, Mevo plus was including a number of courses on E6 for iOS only.

G1z1

Visit site
3A91066E-7A0B-4871-AA63-7BBD2B205FED.jpeg212F1649-AC44-4A42-9172-27F256D60D85.jpeg0CA45504-E299-4F13-A63D-2DE24B3C5867.jpeg

The golf bays enclosure arrived today. Nice big size but the bottom sides are slightly exposed. Anyone build one of these before and know what im doing wrong. Feel as if i followed the instructions pretty good but something looks off.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
In terms of your ball monitor - is it worth seeing what GC3 is like? It looks good from everything that has been put out so far, and is available in October.

G1z1

Visit site
In terms of your ball monitor - is it worth seeing what GC3 is like? It looks good from everything that has been put out so far, and is available in October.
I have already bought the garmin r10 just need to pick a projector now and get a ipad and I’m all set.

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When I looked at it, Mevo plus was including a number of courses on E6 for iOS only.

You’re absolutely right.

I downloaded the demo iOS version and have given it a whirl. Pretty good, although shots were reading shorter than on the SkyTrak range for some reason… and shorter than I see on the course.

I’d like to try WGT as a demo too, but can’t find out how to do that.

Happy just hitting on the range for now though.