Golf pride mcc plus 4

Big85

Visit site
Does anyone use these grips? If so what do you think to them?

I’m currently looking at regripping my irons

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the Tour Velvet mid sized version of the MCC Plus 4.

By most standards my hands would be considered small but I find the extra girth of the grip prevents me from gripping the clubs to tightly. Even with such a grip that by most "sizing calculators" should be too big for me, my longest finger still just about touches the fleshy pad under the thumb.

I would never have considered such a large grip if a club I bought off eBay hadn't come with such a grip (Multicompound version) but I hit it down the range and was instantly struck by how comfortable the fatter grip was.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
They weren't in the original MCC range of grips.
Popular demand almost forced GP to make them and they now sell as well, if not better, than the original.
They're a touch too big for me but I can use them..I prefer 3 wraps under a normal grip.
Still a good grip - just not in Grey..who the hell signed off on Grey......almost any other colour than Grey.....:sick:

Ando

Visit site
Put a set of MCC plas 4 midsize on some irons for a while (in part to experiment with the impact of the balance of the club as they're a bit heavier than the previous grips that were on these irons). They were great when it was wet and I have the standard MCC new decades on woods.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I used to use them and thought they were great. However i found them not durable enough, expensive and found they went quite hard after a while.
I now use Lamkin Crossline 360 grips and find them more durable, softer and much cheaper

Mandofred

Visit site
I use them.....I like them, but wish they were full cord. I use midsize with extra tape even though I have small hands. I moved out of the Tour Velvet.....I tended to lose grip with them after a fairly short period.

Smoj

Visit site
I used to use them and thought they were great. However i found them not durable enough, expensive and found they went quite hard after a while.
I now use Lamkin Crossline 360 grips and find them more durable, softer and much cheaper

Exactly this, I also was all about the MCC midsized, I had the midsize align on my old set of irons, now I use the 360 crosslines on my new set of irons
however on my driver woods and hybrids i use the golfpride tour velvet 360 standard, as im constantly playing around with the surefit hosel on them, after they wear down i will re-grip with lamkin crosslines (that said i really like the black and red titleist golfpride tour 360 grips but cant find them anywhere)
Also use lamkin crossline 360 standards on my wedges.

all in all i like the golf Pride MCC 4+ align, but i like the lamkins more.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone use these grips? If so what do you think to them?

I’m currently looking at regripping my irons

If you are looking at them because you like the idea of the same thickness all the way down the grip take a look at Winn grips.

E.G. https://www.adoregolfgrips.com/winn-dri-tac-lt-less-tapered-standard-grips-black-grey/

My own experience of GP multi compound grips is that the non corded section goes hard relatively quickly and I would buy full cord grips if I wanted cord grips.

Jason.H

Visit site
Ive been using them for about 6 months. I fitted them myself and initially thought they were to thick but straight away I got used to them and they feel great to me. Mine are grey. I don’t like bright coloured grips personally.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I had the align version.

The align is no good if you tween your driver. I did find the 4+ softened my grip at the time but now I’m back to using pure grips as more comfortable.