Golf nets

alex57834

Club Champion
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a golf net and mat and was wondering what you guys would recommend The cheaper the better!

alex57834

Club Champion
Visit site
Strike you will know and straighter hit will come as i will go range and go my golf club and see where my balls are going then and when i practice in my net i will give myself something to work on to get rid of (slice hook etc)

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a golf net and mat and was wondering what you guys would recommend The cheaper the better!

I got one yesterday of ebay....it doesn't have to cost you loads so long as it stops the ball,:) mine cost £45 it comes with balls and a mat,get one with a groundsheet though, stops balls going under the net . Great for practice get yourself a camera and you'll be suprised how useful a net is..

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
I built my own cage it was pretty simple galvanised steel tubing & clamps, scaffold net for the outside and an impact net off eBay. I have a 3bays gsa, es12 and slow motion camera, I'm just short of the trackman. Bit disappointed in my impact net though, I dont really use driver in the cage but I ripped a hole right through it yesterday.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Apart from the strike what can you achieve from a net. No way of knowing how the ball will fly and the direction. Not a big fan

If you can't work that out from the strike and the feel of the swing after all the practice you put in, then there really isn't a great deal of hope - imo,!:rolleyes:

It shouldn't be the only tool though. Normal range (can you really tell what' happening with range balls?), grass range and practice rounds should also be used. A home net is great for the convenience though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you can't work that out from the strike and the feel of the swing after all the practice you put in, then there really isn't a great deal of hope - imo,!:rolleyes:

Sigh! Can you really tell in the space of several yards whether you have put side spin (hook in particular) on a shot even if the contact is good. You really must have a god given intuition for your shots. Plenty of bad shots come even though the contact is good and if you can tell where a ball that would travel 150 yard with a 7 iron will finish in the first five yards I bow to your superior skills

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Sigh! Can you really tell in the space of several yards whether you have put side spin (hook in particular) on a shot even if the contact is good. You really must have a god given intuition for your shots. Plenty of bad shots come even though the contact is good and if you can tell where a ball that would travel 150 yard with a 7 iron will finish in the first five yards I bow to your superior skills

If you had an es12, it doesn't pick up hooks and poor swings have a lower ball speed. It might not work for everyone but since I built mine I've played 2 rounds had a 37 points buffer and a 0.9 cut, so I'm certainly happy with its effects.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Absolutely! I don't even need the several yards! Contact and feel of swing is enough.

I don't think that's unusual!

If you can't predict what's going to happen from those 2 attributes, though maybe not to the exact yard, then you also can't tell how to adjust a bad one - you are just stuck with it - as you have no idea what was wrong or what to correct! That's working much more in the dark than not seeing the flight in some practice.