Golf Monthly on Twitter

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Morning all

we have been developing a little side offering on Twitter over the last couple of weeks. It's a combo of an office blog, some exclusive pics and other bits and bobs

We would run this through the regular GM site but our content management system makes it very long winded and time consuming!

Have a look by and if you're already using Twitter, follow us and we'll follow you

http://twitter.com/golfmonthly

Richieb

Medal Winner
Visit site
i assume we will get lots of juicy GM office gossip, exclusive insight into the minds of the GM staff and other cool stuff

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Ian
when you're signed in to Twitter just click on the "home" link on the navbar and it bring up all the latest updates from anyone/thing you have elected to follow.
GM is now following you so when you update with news on being clubchamp 09 we'll see it!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
i assume we will get lots of juicy GM office gossip, exclusive insight into the minds of the GM staff and other cool stuff

that sort of stuff and plenty of bickering about who was responsible for some slow play at a recent GM golf outing

Richieb

Medal Winner
Visit site

that sort of stuff and plenty of bickering about who was responsible for some slow play at a recent GM golf outing

well? who was it or do i need to read your tweet ? ( getting the twitter lingo :cool: )

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
ah, now how long have you got.....

Myself, Tom (sub editor) Michael (junior staff writer) and Bill Elliott (editor at large) we given days of grief by Neil (deputy ed) and Paul O'H (staff writer) because apparently we held them up at a recent GM outing to Remedy Oak.

Apparently it made them play badly

The other two in their 4 ball didn't have an issue.

I rest my case

Richieb

Medal Winner
Visit site
sounds like goatism to me

goatism: to scapegopat ones own ppp (piss poor performance) with Scurrilous accusations of others wilfull slow play.

(note to self:- remeber slow play complaint next time playing like a di*k)

Richieb

Medal Winner
Visit site
I can see you are a wise man Richie

Thanks, I don't like to blow my own trumpet, as I don't have a trumpet, or any other brass instrument, or infact play any instrument of any kind.
Infact, the closest thing to musical talent I have is girls aloud on my ipod.

Rich

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
at a recent GM outing to Remedy Oak.

Ah - Remedy is on my list for this year, only 15 miles away. I have a friend who is a member, but he has a list of people long as your arm who want to play with him. Was it good?

The website (IMO) is one of the best as far as course planners goes.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Canford
we thought Remedy was a very good track. Would like to play it in the summer as it was a bit wet underfoot in Feb when we played
On the plus side - some great risk reward holes, stunning setting and very tranquil, scary fast greens, good clubhouse
One the minus - walks between nearly every green and tee, routing takes in 3 par 3s in five holes which unbalances it a bit, 18th is real marmite hole

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Cheers Mike. My mates who have already played tend to say they are happy to spend 5 hours on a summer evening there, simply because it's a great place to be, it's usually empty, and the green to tee walks are as you describe. And Marmite is definitely the raction they give to 18!