Golf Landmark

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Finally got one of golf's monkeys off my back today with my first hole in one, so now I'll bore you with all the details. :D

Seniors Stableford competition, 140 yards into a light breeze, I hit a 6 iron (Ben Sayers Silver Crest for those interested) as pure as I've ever hit a club.
It was right on line and I was hoping to see it land close and give me a chance for a 2 but the ball just disappeared from sight so I guessed I'd hit it too well and it was in the depression behind the green.

Got down there and it wasn't to be seen so I started hunting round in the deep rough behind that but no joy and I gave it up as a lost ball, I did briefly think of checking the hole but the ball is never in the hole when you do that and I'd not seen it land so didn't bother. One of my playing partners then holed out and picked his ball out saying "there're two balls in here".
My ball had gone straight in on the full, there was a quarter ball pitch mark in the side wall of the hole, I was proper chuffed. :)
(And I had a shot so it was a 5 pointer!)

On the par 4 next hole I was about 10 yards short of the green in two but then pulled out the stops with my excellent short game and took five more to get down for a blob!

1641839680369.png

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought this was going to be a thread about physical landmarks on courses, viaducts, monuments, lighthouses etc. Little bit disappointed really.............?.

Well played, good to read the excitement come through ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Congrats me man. Closest I got was when I caved in the side of the hole with a pitch mark. The hole kicked the ball 8 yards away. ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Congratulations Nick. Was it the slightly downhill hole which feels it’s in a quarry? Well done again!