Golf in Torrevieja..

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I'm going to be staying in Los Altos, Torrevieja for a week in April and wondered if anybody can recommend a local golf course?

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
I was in the area a few years ago. I played la finca, las rambles, and Vila Martin. All nice courses. I’m no expert in that area tho

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've not played any there yet, but I'm moving out there in a few months. Been up to La Finca a few times while we've been house hunting, and it looks good. Head down the N332 from Torrevieja for 10 minutes and you've got 4 courses within a few minutes of you. Villamartin, Campomoar, Los Ramblas and Las Colinas.
Can't wait to sample them all myself to be honest.

Enjoy your holiday.

D

Deleted member 25575

My mates Mum and Dad had a villa out that way, I been out there a few times.

Villa Martin is a very good course, I believe its held a few decent competitions in its time.
Las Ramblas is a very entertaining course hard, lots of drives over canyons etc, probably not a great course per se, but breath taking in its own right.

Campomoar, I dont remember too well which suggests to me it wasn't as good as the others

La Finca I thought was an absolute beauty of a course, very well layed out but far more man made a course than Las Ramblas which uses the natural land more.

My preference would be...
1) La Finca
2) Las Ramblas
3) Villa Martin
4) Campamoar

Enjoy whatever you choose, weather will be better than the UK regardless

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
My mates Mum and Dad had a villa out that way, I been out there a few times.

Villa Martin is a very good course, I believe its held a few decent competitions in its time.
Las Ramblas is a very entertaining course hard, lots of drives over canyons etc, probably not a great course per se, but breath taking in its own right.

Campomoar, I dont remember too well which suggests to me it wasn't as good as the others

La Finca I thought was an absolute beauty of a course, very well layed out but far more man made a course than Las Ramblas which uses the natural land more.

My preference would be...
1) La Finca
2) Las Ramblas
3) Villa Martin
4) Campamoar

Enjoy whatever you choose, weather will be better than the UK regardless

I've been looking at joining the local golf society once we relocate - I figure there's no point in limiting myslef to one course with full membership when there's so much variety?

Anyway, their schedule takes them to La Finca out of those courses mentioned, but none of the others. Not sure why - could be a price/value issue or maybe they just don't like the courses.

D

Deleted member 25575

I've been looking at joining the local golf society once we relocate - I figure there's no point in limiting myslef to one course with full membership when there's so much variety?

Anyway, their schedule takes them to La Finca out of those courses mentioned, but none of the others. Not sure why - could be a price/value issue or maybe they just don't like the courses.

Not sure why either as they are all close.
It might be the other courses aren't good enough, I honestly don't know.

It's been years since I've been out there so things might have changed. If it were me i'd play all the courses at least once in the local area before joining anywhere

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site

It's been years since I've been out there so things might have changed. If it were me i'd play all the courses at least once in the local area before joining anywhere

Last I heard La Finca is the best part of €2k and no guarantee of a game with the amount of visitors playing.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

I've no intention of joining anywhere unless I really like one particular course.

I've enquired at La Finca about the junior academy for my lad, simply because it's about 3kms from where we will be living, but I'll be playing all over all being well.

Does anybody want to buy an old brolly and some waterproofs. ;-)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Worst holiday I ever had was in Torrevieja.

Ended up in hospital for 3 nights with severe food poisoning.

Visit site
I live in the area and there are many good courses, however the price is going up considerably. Colinas is probably the best course but also the most expensive. Finca is good but can be difficult for a higher handicap player.
One thing you will need to check if you ever want to join a golf course is whether the courses not only charge you your yearly fees, but a green fee everytime you play. I think a 5 day member at Alicante pays €1600 and another €7 each time you play.
So if you play twice a week, that's another €700 per year.
Plenty of societies that play many of the courses, but many societies only play once a week or even just once every two weeks so you will need to look round.

As for a holiday and you want a round of golf, try Vistabella. Used to be a 11 hole course, (land building problems) but the other 7 holes opened up in January 2018. Very popular, and some good deals can be had. It still needs some work on it to bring it up to the others I have mentioned but still a good track, with something for everyone. Greens are exceptionally quick.

Visit site
I've no intention of joining anywhere unless I really like one particular course.

I've enquired at La Finca about the junior academy for my lad, simply because it's about 3kms from where we will be living, but I'll be playing all over all being well.

Does anybody want to buy an old brolly and some waterproofs. ;-)

Hi Mel

Keep the brolly and the waterproofs, trust me. It doesn't rain often but when it does, it can bucket it down. Waterproofs good for when the wind blows. We had over 30 mph winds last week, and quite often play in 40 mph. And it gets cold! believe me! especially once you have lived here a few years. 8c Last Friday when we got to the course. Two hours later we are walking in shirts and shorts.
Of course many of us don't go out when it is raining, because there is always tomorrow (I am retired) but you know mad Englishmen and all that. Also we have a few guys who use their umbrella's to keep the sun off during the hot weather, and we have
the first tee times.

Good luck with your re-location.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Mel

Keep the brolly and the waterproofs, trust me. It doesn't rain often but when it does, it can bucket it down. Waterproofs good for when the wind blows. We had over 30 mph winds last week, and quite often play in 40 mph. And it gets cold! believe me! especially once you have lived here a few years. 8c Last Friday when we got to the course. Two hours later we are walking in shirts and shorts.
Of course many of us don't go out when it is raining, because there is always tomorrow (I am retired) but you know mad Englishmen and all that. Also we have a few guys who use their umbrella's to keep the sun off during the hot weather, and we have
the first tee times.

Good luck with your re-location.

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to getting out there now, we hope to move in May or July, depends on Brexit and the implications of that.
We were out in January and it was pretty chilly then, infact we were up a hill in Quesada filming for Sun, Sea and selling Houses at 8.30 am. It was 4 degrees, and I had shorts on. I hope they can cut the scenes where I'm shaking like a shi**ing dog.

I don't anticpiate playing regularly when we get there, obviously the cost is an issue, so I suspect a round of golf will be a treat until we get settled. The lad will probably go to the junior academy at La Finca (unless you know of a better one that isn't too far away?)