Golf in Spain

Yogidog1

Visit site
Hi all,hope everyone is able to get out and enjoy there golf ? Going away in October to Benalmadina Pueblo in Fuengirolla Spain for the first time,has anyone been in this area ? looking for thoughts on any golf courses they played please,all replies appreciated

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Cabopino. The third hole is one of the best tee shots you will play.
Rio Real - Pricey, but it's a very nice place to play golf.
Calanova - The course is like a rollercoaster, you NEED a buggy, but the cubhouse is brilliant - good food, and possibly the best "pro's shop" on the Costa Del Sol.

User20204

Visit site
I've played Mijas/Chapperell and AN Other than I can't remember now and tbh, I can't remember anything about any of them other than one being very tough and one being a good holiday course( easier)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've played Mijas/Chapperell and AN Other than I can't remember now and tbh, I can't remember anything about any of them other than one being very tough and one being a good holiday course( easier)

I think Chaparral do their greens maintenance in September / October. It's a few years since we played there but the greens were terrible because of just that. It is a nice course though.

I've used Sunshine Golf a few times, I'd advise the OP to get in touch with them as they have a lot of local knowledge on courses in that area, plus, if you wanted to , you can rent clubs from them.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
The courses at La Cala are brilliant.
La Quinta is worth a look with 3 sets of 9
Calanova is great fun but can be brutally tough if the wind gets up
Cabopino is really good
Marbella Golf and Country club is a good challenge and always in decent condition

Been to this area a number of times and always book our golf with GolfInSpain. Very competitive prices, simple but effective system to use, would highly recommend.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd add El Chaparell is normally good quality (although I've only played first 6 months of the year). Agree as well on the three la Cala courses whcih are a good venue, nice views but are challenging.

Mijas is a bit more traditional resort style - lots of water but more playable. Used to be able to get a day rate so may be worth checking.

Out I'd stay more Belemadena than Fenguerola which is bit dodge in places although can still be fun. Mijas Pablo (i.e. mountain Mijas not costal Mijas) is a nice spanish village to go round for food and drinks.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Must mention Los Arqueros as well. I believe it was the first course designed by Seve Ballesteros. A good course and a nice nostalgia trip as well. Carry on up the road to Benhavis and you'll find a lovely quaint Spanish village nestled in the mountains which has some great places to eat and drink.

Hitdaball

Visit site
Have a friend with a villa in Mijas so have had the pleasure a few times.

Torre Quebrada is lovely but expensive.

At Mijas I preferred Olivia to Lagos, more interesting.

As others said La Cala is nice, only played Europa. Love to play America even though it looks very funky.

Not been to Santana but friends have had nothing but good things to say about it.