Golf in Portugal

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Resurrected a thread from the dead rather than do a new one.

We're off to Portugal in October, flights are booked but need to confirm the courses, Pestana looks best for our needs and Vale Do Lobo is a touch to pricey.

Had a quote for 3 rounds, but we have 5 courses offered, anyone care to rank them for 3 mid teen handicappers please?

Alto
Silves
Pinta
Gramacho
Villa Sol

Cheers
I enjoyed Silves

Wedgey

Club Champion
Visit site
Resurrected a thread from the dead rather than do a new one.

We're off to Portugal in October, flights are booked but need to confirm the courses, Pestana looks best for our needs and Vale Do Lobo is a touch to pricey.

Had a quote for 3 rounds, but we have 5 courses offered, anyone care to rank them for 3 mid teen handicappers please?

Alto
Silves
Pinta
Gramacho
Villa Sol

Cheers
Pinta and Gramacho are fantastic, played them both 8 times. Silves is a nice layout too

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pinta and Gramacho are fantastic, played them both 8 times. Silves is a nice layout too
Played the 3 of them a few years back. Nice courses, though the greens weren't great at Gramacho. Thought Silves was the best of the 3.

We stayed in a villa at Pestana Gramacho. Good quality accommodation, 10 minutes in a cab to Carvoeiro for a night out.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorted this today,

Vila Sol after we land, as mentioned its near the airport so the chap from Golfbreaks sorted that.
Garmacho on the second morning early, so we can make use of the unlimited golf on offer and play the afternoon before heading out
Pinta on the 3rd day early again.

We've paid £300 for flights with clubs, and £409 for b&b with 3 rounds minimum. Well happy with that, Golfbreaks have been superb, I sorted the flights myself.
Spoke to YGT on Friday, they were after £1025 for Vale Do Lobo with flights included.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Sorted this today,

Vila Sol after we land, as mentioned its near the airport so the chap from Golfbreaks sorted that.
Garmacho on the second morning early, so we can make use of the unlimited golf on offer and play the afternoon before heading out

We've paid £300 for flights with clubs, and £409 for b&b with 3 rounds minimum. Well happy with that, Golfbreaks have been superb, I sorted the flights myself.
Spoke to YGT on Friday, they were after £1025 for Vale Do Lobo with flights included.
That's good to hear. I'm 40 next year so want to organise a trip abroad for it and think Portugal would be best due to the shorter flight, how early in advance do people tend to book these trips? Is Feb/March good weather wise?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's good to hear. I'm 40 next year so want to organise a trip abroad for it and think Portugal would be best due to the shorter flight, how early in advance do people tend to book these trips? Is Feb/March good weather wise?
We've found late Feb /early march pretty decent, have had rain on 2 days out of the 3 trips we've done then with golf been able to be played in shorts . Booked our trips around 5 months before

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Mine's booked in for October, which is the busy time according to the bloke on the phone, so tee times are harder to find and are a bit more pricey.
I pulled up Jet2 and just looked around for the cheapest weekend.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorted this today,

That's a really good deal. I've been looking at prices for my brother in law's 50th and we're estimating around £850 depending on flights.