Golf in / near West Sussex

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Planning on visiting the in laws who live near Portsmouth (horndean to be exact) at Easter, have played quite a few courses around there and fancy trying somewhere different. Have already played, Rowlands Castle, Chichester, furzley, Glendale in Portsmouth, Hayling Island, and a few near Southampton whose names escape me. Need to be within an 3/4-1 hours drive. What would anyone recommend ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Many good courses around the area, depends on budget. If funds allow you should consider West Sussex, Hankley, Hindhead, that dog track called Blackmoor and Liphook which are all within an hour. Is Stoneham one of the Southampton courses you've played? That is a nice track too.

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Many good courses around the area, depends on budget. If funds allow you should consider West Sussex, Hankley, Hindhead, that dog track called Blackmoor and Liphook which are all within an hour. Is Stoneham one of the Southampton courses you've played? That is a nice track too.

A bit pricey a number of these, cant really justify £80 green fees ,I have looked a Crown Golf and seen they have course Cams Hall anyone played it ?

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've played Cams hall a few times. Nice course but quite flat. Suppose its a bit like a links course in some places as its right on the coast. There's also a 9 hole course there as well.

Paultons park golf club in Romsey is a decent course as well. I think thats a Crown course as well? I play there or Cams hall when I'm down in Portsmouth for work.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cams Hall was opened in the early 90's and is a modern course with lots of water. not been there for 20 years but should have matured quite well.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Old Thorns is just up the A3 near Liphook

From Horndean, Old Thorns is about 15mins away.

Why not play Waterlooville? its in Horndean basically. I used to be a member there and its a good course.

Other option is Goodwood, The park course is nice, might struggle to get on the downs though...

For the cash you will pay @ Cams Hall i wouldnt bother, you'll get much better value elsewhere.