Golf in France

BlueFraggle

Medal Winner
Visit site
Afternoon chaps,

A group of us are looking to play a few rounds of golf in France in March of next year. We would ideally like to stay in a hotel resort that offered a few different courses on one site.

Do you know if there are any and if so any that come recommended?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Quite happy to go to Belgium or Germany to play instead so if there are any places in these countries that come recommended please let me know

Thanks in advance

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Le Touquet is quite nice and easy to get too. They have Le Manoir hotel on site and 3 courses (two 18, one 9). You can also drive half an hour up the road and play the two courses at Hardelot that they also own.

We stayed there last year and really enjoyed it.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone ever played Le golf national? Always fancied a knock around there for some reason. Just looks like a fun course.

mikee247

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Le Touquet is quite nice and easy to get too. They have Le Manoir hotel on site and 3 courses (two 18, one 9). You can also drive half an hour up the road and play the two courses at Hardelot that they also own.

We stayed there last year and really enjoyed it.

Ill second this. We went to Le Touquet in May this year. it was a good trip I did a review on fully if you look it up in the review area. Stayed in the The Westmisnter central of the town. It was expensive but you learn that elsewhere to eat and drink is better. Fantastic golf courses. We played Hardelot Dunes and Pins which is a 45 away and Belle Dune and le Mer. All were in excellent condition, tough but rewarding courses. Very quiet. Eating and drinking in Le Touquet is expensive ( as most places are in Europe at the mo) but plenty of choice. We had a coach take us everywhere which in principle was a good idea but turned into a disaster. Take your cars over on or in the Tunnel. If you stay centrally in Le Touquet you dont need to drive to the bars etc but you will to the courses.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
and Belle Dune and le Mer.

We played La Mer last year on the trip, I thought it the best course of the three we played (La Foret, La Mer and Les Pines). I played Belle Dune this year, which I thought was fabulous, albeit a windy windy day....... better than the other three in my opinion, but that may be down to the fact I was close to handicap despite the weather.

S

Snelly

The courses at Le Touquet are nice but the town is very dull and you need to make your own entertainment. The Westminster is fine for a bolt hole.

Better value to be found further south though and with much better weather. Portugal etc.

Linnets

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another vote here for Le Touquet, have played both Hardelot courses, Belle Dune (my fav) and La Mer. Also worth a look is Dunkerque area, playing Dunkerque itself and St Omer which is a fabulous course.

Tignanello97

Club Champion
Visit site
If you've got the time head down to the luberon and play Pont Royal. Only course in france designed by balasteros and a very tricky track.