Golf in Dubai .

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
Whose done it and would you recommend it ?

Obviously watching the last two European tour events out there .

Booked up for Portugal this year but already looking for next years outing . Dubai seems reasonably priced . Isn’t a place I’ve ever wanted to visit or thought I’d visit but the courses look stunning and the all year round weather is also an incentive .

nairn1967

Medal Winner
Visit site
Whose done it and would you recommend it ?

Obviously watching the last two European tour events out there .

Booked up for Portugal this year but already looking for next years outing . Dubai seems reasonably priced . Isn’t a place I’ve ever wanted to visit or thought I’d visit but the courses look stunning and the all year round weather is also an incentive .

Played at Dubai Creek a few years ago and it was a treat, from start to finish everyone was fantastic and the course was excellent, would go again at the drop of a hat.....

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
Played at Dubai Creek a few years ago and it was a treat, from start to finish everyone was fantastic and the course was excellent, would go again at the drop of a hat.....

It does look stunning . Isn’t a place I’d have ever thought about for a golf holiday but the prices look pretty decent on the likes of yourgolftravel and even more so if I arranged it all myself . Belek was another I considered but the guys I’m going with weren’t keen on Turkey .

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Dubai Creek twice as well as the Mijas course. Both stunning places and like most of dubai first class service from stepping out the taxi to getting back in it. Buggy included, water all the way round and obv pristine courses giving a great challenge. It was good to watch Stenson, Rory & Garcia tee off the other day knowing I'd parred that hole (albeit a 100 yards shorter). I played the Mijas the day after my conference finished before I flew home so I was booked in as a single but was paired up with A Japanese man and wife who were hilarious, trying to communicate was funny with my japanese not very good and their broken english but their reactions and mannerism were such fun.

Also played Ras Al Khaimah up the coast at that was also great, 1st class flood lit practice facilities. I had a arranged dinner in the hotel but skipped it so I could go hit balls ha ha.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played Emirates Faldo and Jebel Ali back May last year. I enjoyed playing both - Jebel Ali is 9 hole with two sets of tees that makes the holes play differently. The Faldo is a much better course and much better condition - but in many ways I found the experience of Jebel Ali more enjoyable. Why? Well - at times - and quite a few times - when playing The Faldo I felt I was very close to a building site and huge tower blocks dominate almost every vista. Spectacular when you first see Dubai - but they rather lose their awesomeness when you see them all the time. In contrast Jebel Ali felt tranquil and rural by comparison.

That said - the experience of playing the Emirates - checking in - on the practice ground - changing close to Seve's locker - sitting in the shade of the clubhouse verandah after the round - the buggies with the handy GPS mapping and distance measurement - cold water and cold damp cloths supplied almost constantly - and vigilant course marshalls. Great experience. But wouldn't pay to play £150 to play the Faldo again.