Golf in Brisbane

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Now this is a long shot. But Tashyboy has had a natter wi missis T re the possibility of me playing golf whilst on me travels down under. Initially it was met with a resounding Bollox, which is another Nottinghamshire slang word for no. She said “ what do i do for the day”. “ spend it with your son for the day my love bonding”. Tashyboy had just played his Joker card and seen a glimmer of light in her stone blue eyes. So my question is “where in the Brisbane area would i go”.
Theres no chance of GM having a comp where i get fitted for clubs off Greg Norman then kick his arse on the course for 18 holes singing rule Britannia. That being the case its deffo pay and play with club hire etc required. So any advice re courses greatly appreciated. Plus does anyone know if we have any “ re educated ex cons” down under that are members on here that fancy a knock with Englands finest Tash.
Cheers everyone.

Tashyboy

Visit site
When are you going Tash? Visiting my daughter who lives in Brisbane next Feb.
Will
Be in Brisbane middle of October for 10 days. Sydney for four days before that. Lad is working on solar farms at the moment earning some serious brass. His wish is to stay there. His fave city is Brisbane.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a great life! Brisbane looks amazing, my daughter and her husband emigrated there two and a half years ago and absolutely love it.

Tashyboy

Visit site
It's a great life! Brisbane looks amazing, my daughter and her husband emigrated there two and a half years ago and absolutely love it.

Staying at the Brisbane sky tower whilst we are there. Just hope it is finished 😁

Visit site
I would look at Indooroopilly, nice 36 whole venue offering loads of options, fairly close to Brisbane CBD if your staying in the city itself. Not the cheapest, but golf if so much cheaper and accessible compared to uk prices and standards. Can give you more options if interested. Probably around 70 Bucks with a cart. Which works out about 38 quid at current exchange. Would expect to pay around 30 /40% more for Uk equivalent course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I would look at Indooroopilly, nice 36 whole venue offering loads of options, fairly close to Brisbane CBD if your staying in the city itself. Not the cheapest, but golf if so much cheaper and accessible compared to uk prices and standards. Can give you more options if interested. Probably around 70 Bucks with a cart. Which works out about 38 quid at current exchange. Would expect to pay around 30 /40% more for Uk equivalent course.

Give this a big +1 - played 3 times when recently travelling in Aus and the cost of golf is diddly-squat cf UK. Played Noosa Tewantin (just up the QLD coast from Brisbane - beautiful but probably not worth the trip for your time available and courses in Brisbane) - and green fee plus hire of 2 yr old Srixon clubs plus push trolley was $36AUS (basically £18). Mind you it seems that Aussie golfers get a bit hot under the collar when green fee gets over $40 :)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Give this a big +1 - played 3 times when recently travelling in Aus and the cost of golf is diddly-squat cf UK. Played Noosa Tewantin (just up the QLD coast from Brisbane - beautiful but probably not worth the trip for your time available and courses in Brisbane) - and green fee plus hire of 2 yr old Srixon clubs plus push trolley was $36AUS (basically £18). Mind you it seems that Aussie golfers get a bit hot under the collar when green fee gets over $40 :)

Had a look at the course yesterday. Didn't see owt re club hire. They may be getting a phone call

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a look at the course yesterday. Didn't see owt re club hire. They may be getting a phone call

I'm guessing you are referring to Indooroopily. On Noosa - note that as Noosa area had received a lot of rain just before and when we were there, and the course was pretty wet underfoot (well the pro thought it was - I just thought it a bit squishy in parts but was mostly pretty perfect condition) - they gave me the members guest green fee and premium clubs for the standard club rate - so it won't be as cheap as I got it. It is I think a bit from Brisbane - and though Noosa is a lovely place to visit I am sure if you just want a round of golf there are good track in or very close to Brisbane itself.

Last edited:
Visit site
Yep, drop em a line. Our club does not do hire clubs, but when my mate came over last year our pro lent him his for free. Your right about Aussies not willing to pay over the odds. The go nuts if expected to pay anything above £40 uk. I’ve played courses here for less than that in the uk are easily charge in the £80 -£120 bracket . Golfing heaven can be found here....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep, drop em a line. Our club does not do hire clubs, but when my mate came over last year our pro lent him his for free. Your right about Aussies not willing to pay over the odds. The go nuts if expected to pay anything above £40 uk. I’ve played courses here for less than that in the uk are easily charge in the £80 -£120 bracket . Golfing heaven can be found here....

I played Port Fairy down in Victoria back in March - what an absolutely cracking links course (the back 9 is one of the most beautiful back nine's I have ever played) - and and it was less than ~£25 for the round. I think I was $63AUS (~£33) for green fee and club hire! And the pro mentioned to me that the visitor green fee of $49AUS was deemed a bit expensive :)

https://www.portfairygolf.com.au/