Golf gloves

G1z1

Visit site
How many rounds should you get out of a golf glove ? Ive been using some under armour and titleist ones and after a week there completely discoloured and feel lose. Probably should size down so there super tight on ? But should a golf glove only last 5/7 rounds ? And is there any that last a bit longer ? Seen vice do ones that are quite expensive, so do they last a lot longer or are they just overpriced?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I get a good few rounds out of my Srixon gloves - probably 15 in the full leather and 20 or more in the all weather ones. I've yet to find a better glove. Size small which fits me perfectly, so much better fit than anything else I've found.

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve used a under armour glove for around 2 months probably played 20+ rounds it is discolored but that would clean if I kept it on and washed my hands under the tap with soap.

Mine are still tight are you using the right size?

G1z1

Visit site
I’ve used a under armour glove for around 2 months probably played 20+ rounds it is discolored but that would clean if I kept it on and washed my hands under the tap with soap.

Mine are still tight are you using the right size?
I dont think so. I use under armour size L they feel nice the first 2/3 rounds then they loosen off. Recently bought some titleist size M feel slightly tight at first but then dont ever feel too loose after a few rounds. So guessing the under armour ones ive been buying are too big

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I dont think so. I use under armour size L they feel nice the first 2/3 rounds then they loosen off. Recently bought some titleist size M feel slightly tight at first but then dont ever feel too loose after a few rounds. So guessing the under armour ones ive been buying are too big

You definitely should get more than 5/7 rounds out of any glove ,seems that size M is a better fit for you.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Use Footjoy and Mizuno both last for ages. Might discolour a bit but I think that's going to happen and doesn't really bother me.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I bought these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BETT...a-8025-4fc3-af32-d666aaf8238c&redirect=mobile
£3.25 each. The were a little large when I got them. 20 minutes in boiling water reduced them to a perfect fit. This would probably work for gloves which have become slack. I thought this might affect the feel of the leather but it is still as soft as when I got them. At this price you can afford to throw them away when they become worn / discoloured.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not something I have really looked at.

I tend to but cheap gloves off the net and as soon as they wear out throw them away. Some makes last months and others just a few weeks , I play 2-3 times a week.

When I first started playing I read that a glove should be like a second skin but still allow for movement.

Glove wear can show up a poor or or irregular grip. The pro who was teaching me once said that the wear I was getting in the pad area above the little finger was due to me 'letting go' of the club at the top of my back swing and regripping it for the down swing.

The Fader

Visit site
I bought these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BETT...a-8025-4fc3-af32-d666aaf8238c&redirect=mobile
£3.25 each. The were a little large when I got them. 20 minutes in boiling water reduced them to a perfect fit. This would probably work for gloves which have become slack. I thought this might affect the feel of the leather but it is still as soft as when I got them. At this price you can afford to throw them away when they become worn / discoloured.

I have been using these gloves for a few months. On a price v quality basis I think they are unbeatable

You won't find me paying £12 - £15 for a single glove anytime soon.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I use the CaddyDaddy Claw glove and it's brilliant, been using it every round since Christmas and it's still going strong - highly recommended.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been using my glove since the beginning of April, and it's probably due being replaced now. So that's about 23-24 rounds I've used it for. It's the FootJoy GTxtreme.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I find I need to replace my glove once every two months. If I'm honest I should really do it monthly as mine get a bit naggy looking.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I find that gloves start looking shabby before they wear out. I've bought black ones before (fit my image ?) & these tend not to show the dirt. I'm sure that's why there aren't many to be had. Manufacturers would prefer us to replace them frequently.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think this time of year gloves tend to get grubby after a few rounds. I take it off between shots which stops it getting too sweaty.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Genuinely had a revelation a few weeks ago…and it’s changed my life.

Rain gloves all year round are now the future. In the summer when hot and sticky, they aren’t annoying like full leather gloves. And in the winter, I’m sure they will be fine in the wet weather - as that’s what they are made for.

not sure I’ll buy leather again…especially as Footjoy make the rain gloves in white

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've found gloves that last just a few rounds and others that last for much longer. Tend to swap and change between Footjoy, Callaway and Srixon. The hybrid gloves tend to last the best

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone used SG golf gloves? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153619212211

At sixteen quid for 5, they seem decent value but I wonder about the sizing of them compared to "quality" gloves. I dont mind spending £16 to to try them & perhaps find the quality is poor perhaps - but I'd rather not end up with 5 unusable gloves coz the sizing is completely different to my regular glove (Srixon full cabretta gloves)