Golf Fitness

Fabregas9200

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi,
I have started running 2km a day and doing 30 laps a day in the pool. Will this make a difference and are there any other stretching or muscle drills I can do to improve my distance.
Many Thanks
Paddy

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have thought so as swimming is good for a lot of the body whilst being non-impact, running is good cardio and legs so between them I would say you should see some improvements overall

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
I was told swimming is great but not to do the breast stroke as it will have a negative effect.

I was shown a good one to help in touching your toes.
Put a box of balls under your heels and try to touch your toes. Then put it under your toes and try touching your toes then remove and with feet flat try touching your toes. Do each way 10 times
The first 2 methods will allow you to get more reach the std way and the more you do it the more flexibility you will have.
Another is hold a tour stick or v easy etc across your chest pushing your left hand into your pec/shoulder. Then stand at address with an iron and make a backswing with your right arm only while pushing your left hand into your chest/shoulder and trying to stop your hips turning.

You should feel the stretch on your left side/leg/hip/butt area and the opposite on your right.

But as I wrote on the other thread check out Mike Pederson on YouTube for more ideas. The ones I wrote here are a few I've been shown by a pro.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I took up golf to get fit! Although I have stoped using the car and walk everywhere now. Never been to keen on general muscle exercise. As rightly or wrongly I feel it messes about with the golf muscle memory. Thats just my view so most likely wrong, but cant get it out of my head.