Golf dreams

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
As i am looking out the window on this dreary, wet and grey day, I can't help letting my mind wander and dream of smacking a ball up a sun-kissed fairway in California or caressing a chip in South Africa.

But then this got me thinking - would I rather really be on some perfect manicured fairway with no wind hitting at a soft target OR actually would today be the perfect day for a battle against the elements at somewhere regal and magnificent like Deal, Brancaster or even The Old Course?

Think I know what would get my vote....anyway, wake up and back to work!!!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
I have a recurring dream where I'm late for the first tee in what is usually a big compeition - and when I say big competition I mean the Ryder Cup or Open as opposed to the monthly medal

at the Ryder Cup (Belfry paired with Darren Clarke) I didnt make it becuase I'd lost my waterproof trousers and depsite running to the pros shop top get a pair I was struggling to get them over my golf shoes so Darren had to play on his own...

I'm sure dream analysts could decipher what it all means....

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
As an amateur dream analysts MikeH I would be more than willing to help out:

the big competition setting means that you certainly have a sense of inner-confidence and self-worth. the fact that it was Darren Clarke you were paired with shows your sense of character and your deep affinity with the big man. The fact that you are worried you will be late suggests a slight nagging doubt that your game will not hold up under pressure and the water-proof trousers issue....well that's too worrying for me to post on a public website...!!!

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a recurring dream like your's Mike. I'm usually late to the tee and everyone else in my group have already hit their tee-shots, but I can never find anywhere to tee the ball up. There are either trees or bushes overhanging, or the ground is just too uneven, or there just isn't enough room to swing the driver. No problem with the waterproofs though. Am I in the same state Trueblue?

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry Dave3498... that is worrying, deeply worrying!!! Will consult the runes and the PG Tips and get back to you with a more detailed prognosis!

funnyoldgame

Visit site
Mike H, I think the fact that you are late to tee off suggests that rather than be there on time and have too many negative thoughts running through your head, being late gives you no time to think so you can just tee her up and cream it down the fairway!

Yes, I am an amatuer dream analyst :D

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dave 3498 – I have had the same dream! I can't find anywhere to tee the ball up no matter how hard I try. It clearly shows we're very strong players and worried about showing up our playing partners.