Golf and the UK Climate

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Richarts right, saved you from a fate worse than ....... oops! Sorry! I'm playing with most of them over the next few weeks, they're the best guys ever :smirk:

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wore long trousers to play on Saturday, for the first time since around mid-April (not including club matches). Also my waterproofs went from the wardrobe to the golf bag for the first time since this year. Waterproofs stayed in the bag and I wished I'd worn shorts after a couple of holes.

Aside from the wind in Feb-May, which seemed to be a permanent fixture for a while, I reckon this year has been pretty good weatherwise tbh

The Green Fairy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have played a lot of golf this summer, in a variety of conditions, which has been great.
However, it has to be one of the worst summers for weather - not one single barbecue - either too cold, too windy or just plain dull and overcast, so couldn't be bothered.

The coldest winter I have had in the last four years, has been this summer in the UK. :(

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
One blessing from the recent rain is it will wash away all the sand on our greens. A few sunny warm days and they should be good for next Wednesday.:thup:

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Heatwave for most of the summer where I am in Europe, up to 40 deg for a few days. . Then within 3 days it was down to 12 degrees, cold wind,I teed off on Monday in thermal, waterproofs and wooly hat. Then today it was over 30 again with 14 degrees forecast for Sunday....!!

We get tropical style thunder and lightning storms during the summer but not much that rains out a whole day.

It's true about the UK, the weather really does suck. Big time.