Golf de sur

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at trying to get away for a few nights with the wife in October and maybe going to try squeeze a round in while we are there. I think the hotel in inbetween 2 courses but won't be taking my clubs so will rent whist I'm out there, anyone have any experience of renting while in Tenerife/Golf de sur and can anyone recommend any package deals or companies to look out for?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We haven't been to Tenerife for a few years now but when we did, Golf de Sur was probably the poorest of all the courses we played. In and around the area I would recommend Las Americas and Adeje.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try the Wild Geese. Irish pub restaurant it's straight across from your hotel, ask for Ben head bar man. He use to run the golf society there until recently.
He'll tell you the best place to play and get/hire clubs etc.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Adeje is a great course. The starter used to be a Scot who had retired out there and the banter was great. Built on an old banana plantation the 4th hole is interesting!

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Clive, not sure when you last visited, but although the course at Adeje was nice, I found the staff very rude, and the course overcrowded. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I went to Las Americas and Los Palos instead. Los Palos is just a short par 3 course, but great for the family and kids if they come too.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thinking back it was some time ago and obviously the staff will have changed over time. We always went early in the year so perhaps that's why it wasn't too busy, but holiday golf does tend to be a bit slower than at home. The course itself was well laid out and always in good condition compared to Golf de Sur which always seemed over played and tired and it was always windy there. (Perhaps that's why it's close to the airport). Las Americas is a good course too, although I thought the back 9 holes not as good as the front 9. Great bunkers with white sand as opposed to Adeje's black sand.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Golf de Sur and Amarillo courses are not great , but you get what you pay for.
If you're flush with Euros, try the Abama 5 star golf resort or La Gomera seemingly a good quirky island course.

Last edited: