Golf courses

Carlyefc

Visit site
Hi all.new here.does anyone know of any great golf courses in North Wales that have good drainage as I am looking to book a comp in December.must be on full greens as well.Thanks.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Conwy best course in North Wales. Never known it to have temp greens.

While I agree about the quality of the course, I have known it to be on temps due to a heavy frost, at a guess I'd say that was 10years ago (possibly longer).

That time of year you'll always run the risk of less than ideal conditions.

D

Deleted member 21258

Conwy can sometimes be on some temps, if the weather is frost and some greens maybe on temps if a massive amount of rain has fallen. Both completely understandable and not avoidable but fairly rare.

Conwy is a nice enough course, not long, fairly open, short rough and forgiving, fantastic drainage as a sandy links, so ideal for winter golf, like you are thinking.

Not sure if they run visitor comps in December, but sure the website will tell you and they do allow visitors on a Sunday as green fees (NB members are actually not able to book before the day between 9.30-11.30am so visitors get priorty). Saturday daylight tee times in December are normally taken by the mens comp.

Sadly not played any other courses yet along the top of north wales, so not sure on others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Conwy can sometimes be on some temps, if the weather is frost and some greens maybe on temps if a massive amount of rain has fallen. Both completely understandable and not avoidable but fairly rare.

Conwy is a nice enough course, not long, fairly open, short rough and forgiving, fantastic drainage as a sandy links, so ideal for winter golf, like you are thinking.

Not sure if they run visitor comps in December, but sure the website will tell you and they do allow visitors on a Sunday as green fees (NB members are actually not able to book before the day between 9.30-11.30am so visitors get priorty). Saturday daylight tee times in December are normally taken by the mens comp.

Sadly not played any other courses yet along the top of north wales, so not sure on others.

I have played most of the courses in North Wales and IMHO Conwy is by far the best.

Carlyefc

Visit site
While I agree about the quality of the course, I have known it to be on temps due to a heavy frost, at a guess I'd say that was 10years ago (possibly longer).

That time of year you'll always run the risk of less than ideal conditions.
Thanks cookelad