Golf courses in Nottingham

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hello all

Will be heading up to Nottingham for a weekend in June, and looking to play golf on the Friday. I don't really know any of the courses there.

My question is - what courses would you recommend within a say 10 mile radius of the city centre? The Nottinghamshire looks like it could be decent.

Thanks for any tips :thup:

BomberSRL

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello all

Will be heading up to Nottingham for a weekend in June, and looking to play golf on the Friday. I don't really know any of the courses there.

My question is - what courses would you recommend within a say 10 mile radius of the city centre? The Nottinghamshire looks like it could be decent.

Thanks for any tips :thup:
If you can stretch to 16.5 (just googled) I have played Sherwood Forest a few times. Not too expensive and a very pretty course!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The Nottinghamshire is OK but can get busy and slow as it attracts a lot of societies, Sherwood Forest is head & shoulders above it and is a great course, if you're heading to Nottingham and playing on the way up then I really like Longcliffe which is just off J23 on the border of North Leicestershire and south Notts.

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Nottinghamshire has 2 courses but can be very slow due to societies (am a member so a real bug bear of mine) and difficult to get early tee times in winter, Beeston Fields and Wollaton worth playing.