Golf Courses in and around Newcastle

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Depend when you are going. It’s been pretty wet up here with a lot of closed courses. If you’re coming soon and are driving, go a bit further to the links courses on the Northumberland coast.

Springveldt

Visit site
Loads of good courses around, which aren't that expensive either. Obviously Close House should be top of your list and Northumberland Golf Club (most people just call it The Park) which runs around and through the racetrack. Those 2 will be the most expensive as well but if I'm being honest I'm not sure The Park is worth the money if you are paying full price. It's a lovely course with top notch greens but I'm not sure it worth the double or even treble the cost of some of the others nearby.

I always like City of Newcastle when I play it, greens are usually excellent. I find Gosforth (Bridle Path) a little boring, especially the back 9. Tyneside is nice but I hate how cramped it feels, sometimes think they should hand out hard hats as you are constantly hearing shouts of fore. Same with Ryton next to it, it criss-crosses too much for me, I'm not keen on tee off over the top of other greens.

As a member of Arcot Hall I'd obviously recommend it. A little further away (probably about £15-£20 in a taxi from the city centre) but it's a really nice course during the summer and it's easy to walk since it's fairly flat.