Golf Club Resignation

Brackenghyll6

Visit site
Could it be as you were no longer a member they have charged you visitor rate for the lastmonth?
Exactly it... I personally think its out of order - taking into account that during my time there I have introduced over 7 new members and organised golf days there to boost funds.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah that's it! - I'm really tempted to tell them where to go... or bill them for my estimated rounds lost during the covid closure hahah
If you haven't already, I would just write to them and explain that you were under the impression your membership was still valid, and if you knew that wasn't the case then you never would have booked so many rounds. Then offer to pay the cost of one month's membership pro-rate - looks better than refusing to pay anything, plus you can't really expect to get those rounds for free. If you speak to them positively then perhaps a compromise can be reached. If not then you might need to jump on r/LegalAdviceUK on Reddit for some free legal advice. ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No idea mate!
Well if they do and it is very clearly laid out in that you do not as it proverbially says have a leg to stand on.

Personally I would be going 'cap in hand' and asking them to explain it and if you are an intermediate member beg for some leeway. Humility tends
to get you a lot further than anger.

Brackenghyll6

Visit site
Pity. Even with weather or urgent commitments, you should always cancel your tee times. Whether you played or not, you have booked them and the tee was reserved for you. The club could say they lost £XX of revenue for those tee times.
SOMETIMES golf isn't the biggest priority matey.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The club is entitled to claim consequential loss, i.e. What they could have sold the green fees for for those tee times. However, they are at fault for not blocking you from their booking system. You could say to them that you thought your membership ended in June, and ask why they didn’t block you. Fault on both sides, offer to meet halfway.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think you could be liable - again you have a responsibility also. I would have thought a fair compromise would be to offer half the amount requested.

wjemather

Visit site
What does posted against your WHS mean? Perhaps Rulefan, WJ Mather, Rulie. JimFlog! know a little more about how this works
When resigning someone's membership, there is the option for the club to mark them as "unfinancial" on the WHS Platform, which prevents them from joining another club on the system until the dispute is settled and the flag removed.