Golf central... sky’s American coverage of The Players

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched sky’s morning drive and golf central coverage today... so much better than their normal offering. I hope sky keep this rolling on their golf channel in the future.

Jonnoj

Visit site
Yes the coverage is good and interesting for us golf obsessives.
Don’t like all the 5th major stuff though, it’s a good golf tournament but the Masters should remain the only one at one golf course.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wasn't the coverage in the UK something like 1.00-11.00 last night from Golf Central? I'm all for Sky giving us in depth coverage but not sure what the likes of Justin Leonard (where did he get that jacket?) going on forever actually did for the average golf fan. I dipped in and out for 10 minutes at a time for a couple of hours but didn't enjoy much of it

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Some of it interesting, the Woods press conference for instance. Dredging through Jason Day's back woes was tedious, as was the filler with the over energetic teaching pro, telling you how you can hit it 15yards further just by lifting your left heel (bet Molinari was very thankful for that, took him a team of trainers, Dennis Pugh and a years hard work to find 15 yards......). Guess it is one of those things you can stick on in the background and tune in/out while doing other stuff.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Guess it is one of those things you can stick on in the background and tune in/out while doing other stuff.

Exactly this. Put it on for a bit yesterday lunchtime, it was still there when I tuned back in later. Didn't dislike it, thought the English female anchor was quite good and enjoyed a few of the interviews. Liked the fact that they linked in with SKY as their international partner, enjoyed Tim (Barter?) caddying for Matt Wallace, and I do like Radar (maybe I should post that in the unpopular opinions thread :D).