Golf Care Insurance?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
£22.99 for basic cover, plus 3 rounds of golf and 3 balls - take it this is a no-brainer?

Anyone had any problems (or good experiences) with them?

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
£22.99 for basic cover, plus 3 rounds of golf and 3 balls - take it this is a no-brainer?

I have this, just watch when renewal comes around as the cost doubles if you have it on a rolling direct debit, you need to cancel and renew.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same as Arnold. This offer only applies to newbies so I have to cancel and start again each year. Stupid. The three free rounds of golf are not that good as I seem to remember the small print says anyone else playing with you has to pay full green fee price. When does anyone do that at a hotel course? The group would end up paying more if you used the voucher.

I have the same level of cover and it is very limited. If you want decent replacement cover then you have to spend more and get a higher level of cover. The basic cover is more for legal cover if you hit someone on the course and they get humpy about it. The rest of the cover is pretty minimal and restricted at that price.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
My club has insurance included in the subs, full uk cover. Think it only covers injury and accidents though, costs £2

Vardon11LDN

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have the worldwide insurance as I have a few trips planned this year. I haven't had to claim yet but I have been told to keep all receipts for purchases.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Very good for piece of mind on personal liability but as others have pointed out watch out at renewal time if you pay by DD (think credit card too but stand to be corrected) as they will simply take at the higher rate. There are a lot of good companies out there (I use Carrick Neill) who don't necessarily offer the freebies but then don't crank up the cost at renewal time

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very good for piece of mind on personal liability but as others have pointed out watch out at renewal time if you pay by DD (think credit card too but stand to be corrected) as they will simply take at the higher rate. There are a lot of good companies out there (I use Carrick Neill) who don't necessarily offer the freebies but then don't crank up the cost at renewal time

England Golf covers your personal liability as part of your EG subs

Crumplezone

Visit site
The three free rounds of golf are not that good as I seem to remember the small print says anyone else playing with you has to pay full green fee price.

You get 20% minimum off for any other players. It's usually more I find. The choice of courses used to be a lot wider. I also know for certain at least Herons Reach in Blackpool are no longer accepting vouchers too. Although they're still listed.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm with Golf Care and I paid something around £40 for extras like old for new and a few other bits. Had to make a claim about a broken golf bag and it was seamless and easy. I'll be going back to them 100%