Tour Winner
Visit site
Bring me the head of Sergio Garcia by Tom Cox

John Daly in + out of the rough

Are the best ive read thus far.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Bring me the head of sergio is hilarious and gives a great insight into life on tour.

Was thinking of reading John Daly's book but after seeing his interview in golf world it confirmed to me that he is just a lazy redneck idiot with a criminal lack of respect for the etiquette and traditions of our game so avoided it.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heard that Tom Cox has another golf book out is this true?

I like John Daly, always have, but its almost impossible to defend him when he does so much stupid stuff.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cant believe I forgot one of the best books I have ever read...... Four-iron in the soul by Lawrence Donegan, its about an ex-musician who becomes a caddie for journey man pro Ross Drumend, its an amazing view into life on tour for a caddie, its absolutely hilarious and had me in stitches on a busy tube on m way to work.

Best book I have ever read is "the crossing" by James Cracknell and James Fogle completing the Atlantic Rowing Race, I shed both tears of laughter and sadness several times throughout the book and would recommend it to every one!!!

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Think the other Tom Cox book you mention HTL is "Nice Jumper".

Seve autobiography was great.

Another interesting one I picked up by chance was "Golfs best short stories" - a collection of stories ranging from 1890 - 1990.

"4 iron in the soul" & "Bring me the head of Sergio Garcia" were both great reads.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Jack Nicklaus - Total Golf Techniques

Just about every pro playing (including Woods) cite this book as their starting point to the game and the reason why many started.

'Nuff said.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have already had a "bloody good rant" about Tom Cox's book on the GM Book Club post, so enough said.

If anybody can highlight the funny bits to me then all replies are greatly received. Now where's a pen and a microdot when you need it?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ben Hogan.... the book on fundamentals

Leadbetter - "Faults and Fixes"

Leadbetter - "Lessons from the Golf Greats"

Faldo - "A Swing for life"

Anything by Butch Harmon or John Jacobs.

You could say I'm indoctrinated!

Dave

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Dave Pelz Short Game Bible

Hmm not sure about this one. Very analtical which is no bad thing but it's a 'system' book and I found the core system a bit of a faff. If nothing else I like his earnest style and the whole concept of focussing on 100yds in is certainly not be sniffed at. The proof is there. The pictures leave a little to be desired too.

If half his anecdotes are true then I admire his persistance and tenacity with the pro's commendable.

With the above in mind I wouldn't hesitate to buy the putting bible and will do so as soon as I get paid.

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
In to the Bear Pit - Mark James' very bitter account of Brookline (enough said).

Hadn't heard of Bring Me the Head Of Sergio Garcia until reading your posts - Top of my "to buy" list now!

Really enjoyed the Sam Torrence and Sandy Lyle autobiographies as well.

ACP

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As you can see from J_F, "Bring me the head of Sergio Garcia" is not for everyones tastes.

However I personally enjoyed it, and I have seen more good than bad reviews.

Each to their own I suppose.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
A good read is.Caddy for life by john feinstein.Its about Tom Watsons caddy Bruce`Edwards.

The books by Bob Rotella are very good.

I reckon the hardest book to read and remember is THE RULES OF GOLF.

I have read the Tom Cox book Bring me the head of sergio garcia and its a great read.If anyone would like it i can post it on as i am finished with it.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Seen the film “Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia” it’s a cult classic.

If it’s tuition you want? there is only one book and that’s Hogans. It’s as fresh today as it will be in 50 years time. Remember the pro’s including Nicklaus used to go watch Hogan practice.