Golf Ball Fitting

Jason.H

Visit site
If you’ve used pro v1,s then that’s about as good as it gets. From there it’s all about technique. Spin is just a by product of a good strike and technique oh and clean grooves. I’ve got down to a low handicap and find all the premium balls similar to be honest. I mainly use pro v1x for a slightly higher flight that’s it.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I see people using high-spin balls and I see them spin away from the hole far more often than towards it.
For players who do this the improvement is to use a ball that spins a little less and this would result in getting closer to the hole more often.

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Technique… it’s all about technique. I can’t get super glue to stick and that’s all down to how I strike the wedge. Every now and then I get one zip up and that’s the freak occasion where I strike the ball correctly.

My shortgame is solid and I’ve learned to play pretty consistent golf with no zip on pitches so I don’t believe it’s a requirement. How ever if you want zip, then it’s a case of lessons and improving technique as you’ve already tried the best shortgame set up out there.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have used mostly prov1 but I did recently buy some chrome soft. I am not sure if I am imagining it but I felt as if the chrome soft did stop slightly faster.
I am currently playing off 12 but feel my chipping is now costing me shots and would just like a little better stopping power.

The difference between any of the major manufacturers urethane ball which are meant to provide good spin is marginal ( I have tried most at one time or another). Having had a a few rounds directly comparing v1 against v1x I could not really spot any major difference but Titleist themselves say the V1x spins more than the V1 the higher flight may also help with full shots.

I have used Bridgestone B330 RXS for years, as well as the V1, (depending on your swing speed you might want a different version) and there really is no difference to the V1s just cost.

HPIMG

Visit site
I had a pro look at my chipping today, it seems I flight the ball too high and help scoop the ball up almost. The Pro said that’s good if you need loft but bad if you are wanting maximum spin. We halved my ball flight in the lesson but it was still slightly high but I was noticing much better stopping power.
I have to give it a few weeks of practice then stop in to see him again.