Golf ball colour... Help !!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I use yellow, find them easy to see

Main reason though mostly is that I’d probably usually be only person using yellow in my group, And I like that I know my ball from a distance if approaching a blind fairway or green. Like a distinctive ball...
I use, given a choice, the Yellow version of Titleist NXT Tour S. Feels a smidgeon softer than the White version and has the above advantage also.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Vice just sent me an email with a couple of very different colours- nothing like I've ever seen before
Vice white balls seem to go naturally cream or orange (exaggeration) after a while! Not a worry for me - the (premium) ones I've used have been good balls (apart from inability to swim!)!

sunshine

Visit site
The most important thing is you need to coordinate the colour of your golf ball with your wardrobe. If you are using yellow balls you will find they clash with a lot of your clothes and accessories.

I prefer a neutral colour like white, which goes with anything. Especially my white belt and white trousers. :p

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i have trouble seeing a white ball in the sky esp in winter so use a pink ball then, i can following of the club, something i can't do with a white ball or even a yellow.

use what works best for you

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
Depends on the conditions, course, the individual but I find yellow balls great then orange balls the best to see from distance.

Really sticks out for me those two

sunshine

Visit site
Yellow balls are good in poor light, but blend into the fairway in bright sunshine. So they are ideal if you live in Scotland or somewhere up north where it's grim :LOL:;)

If I'm playing in the evening I'll pop a yellow ball in my bag for the last few holes in the dusk.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Yellow balls are good in poor light, but blend into the fairway in bright sunshine. So they are ideal if you live in Scotland or somewhere up north where it's grim :LOL:;)

If I'm playing in the evening I'll pop a yellow ball in my bag for the last few holes in the dusk.

Well I live pretty much as far north as you can get in England and as grim as it is my yellow balls were lost in the piercing bright early morning sunshine........... but yes I agree in our normal grey conditions they are OK in general. Will use orange if i ever get to play with the sun out again ?

Mandofred

Visit site
My eyes have been the same forever. Once my ball lands out past 200yds and stops moving.....I have a tough time still seeing it. I played with a guy a couple of years ago who was playing the bright pink colour.....those are the only ones I can spot from that far away. I can't tell the difference between yellow and white until I get within 50yds. Something I've been doing for a few years now....just so it's easy to identify my ball....is to colour in about 15 of the holes on the ball spaced out evenly. People don't accidentally hit my ball EVER and I don't even see the spots unless I am looking for them. It would drive other people nuts however.

JGolfer

Visit site
I’m a big fan of truvis, yellow and black seems to just stick out for me. I struggle to follow white balls at all. Just can’t find anywhere that has any decent deals on chromesofts