Golf Ball buying for a beginner

GolferJake

Visit site
I am new to golf I have been playing since July of this Summer and I am trying to find the right golf ball for my budget which I want to spend around 20-30 US dollars. I currently use Top Flight XL distance but it seems to hard when I tee off or hitting it in general. I am looking for a soft ball, further distance with some good green control, and not too much spin.

I narrowed it down by two I like so far

Srixon Z Series
Callaway Supersoft

any help is appricated

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Both good balls for a beginner (y)

Today for the first time I used a Titleist Tour soft, thinking due to time of year etc shouldn't make any difference what ball I play, gave it 3 holes and hated the feel of it, so back to Prov1 it was so you may also need to play around to find one that suits.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Srixon Z s are at the high end of spin capabilities.

Supersofts are going to be a good match for your spec as indicated.

For most handicap golfer the softer feel of a ball is very much a function of the cover and it's material - as clubhead speed increases the subsequent layers start to increasingly impact on how the ball feels of the club.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Best to understand the difference in golf balls in general (urethane or surlyn ....2/3/4/5 piece) and work from there. The 2 you mention are very different types. Find what type suits you by trying a sleeve or so and work from that premise

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Jim i am in the USA
Try budget for golf ball purchases in the us, I'm a beginner like yourself and I mostly use pick ups a find but I have been using the prov1 for the past few weeks and I really do like them I also use the Wilson staff dx2 I might be wrong but I can't really tell a difference and the price is great

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The cheapest good soft ball is WilsonStaff DX2 Soft - I used them for a long time, great balls with the lowest compression. Very cheap.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The cheapest good soft ball is WilsonStaff DX2 Soft - I used them for a long time, great balls with the lowest compression. Very cheap.

Called duo in the states....might be best to look at US forums for information - no shortage of it. Lots of US deals etc posted in their forums daily

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am a beginner too and was searching which golf ball is the best for me. There are tons of brands available in the market and few are reliable. thanks to golf monthly to help me a lot for searching. This article i found which helps me to choose best brand with affordable rates check it out may be it will help for you.
http://golfobjects.com/2018/10/24/which-golf-ball-is-the-best/

It states in the article that this is a complete list of balls - I think there are 6. A tad short of a complete list. You also state that a lot of ball brands are not reliable?

No further comment - best to seek clarification as I appreciate English may not be you first language and therefore something may be lost in translation - don't want to yell spam right away....although if it walks like a duck...