Golf around Glasgow

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just looking for info from any Scottish based forumistas.

Me and a couple of friends are hoping to grab a few days away in the Spring/Summer time and sample a couple of courses around Glasgow. Being Manchester based it makes sense for us to simply follow the M6, but we are amenable to slight detours eg to Ayrshire.

Whilst the more famous courses are easily accessed, due to the huge green fees involved, we'd like to try some slightly more cost effective golf!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, and once we have a more concrete plan I would of course be delighted for anyone from the forum to join us.

Thanks in advance.

T

thecraw

PM me nearer the time, I'm sure you'll enjoy my course, quite happy to sign you on if I'm free.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dangermouse..........more than welcome to show up at my door
I can rustle up up a team of mixed handicaps who would be delighted to play your guys!(plus of course you would have to sample our hopitality and food).
Am sure you can get good hotels in the area at good rates!
P.M. me re when you want to come,numbers etc,and we will see what we can do???!!!!***
Is this another Scotland v England game(love them!)???
All in the best possible taste of course!Crosses legs!! :D

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Check out www.gourockgolfclub.com great course.

Also have a special deal lined up with local hotel which would also be close enough for you to travel to Ranfurly for a game with Craw if you's decide.

Andy

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks very much for the offers chaps - I'll try to arrange something with you nearer the time. I would imagine April/May will be on the cards and would be delighted to meet some fellow forummers.

Largsgolf1974

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Im from Ayrshire and always up for a game (if i can manage). If anyone is interested in playing Largs then let me know.