Golf aids to help me at home - recommendations

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Coming up to my first year in golf now and Christmas presents have been pretty easy for the misses this year.

She’s bought me a 8ft putting matt which is decent and a golf net which I’m yet to break in yet.

I’m really looking forward for the weather to improve so I can test out my golf net on the lawn and video myself to see what I’m doing. As for the putting Matt I don’t really know what I’m doing. Almost feels I need something to go with it.

Are there any other things you’d recommended I invest in to help me improve my game at home?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Coming up to my first year in golf now and Christmas presents have been pretty easy for the misses this year.

She’s bought me a 8ft putting matt which is decent and a golf net which I’m yet to break in yet.

I’m really looking forward for the weather to improve so I can test out my golf net on the lawn and video myself to see what I’m doing. As for the putting Matt I don’t really know what I’m doing. Almost feels I need something to go with it.

Are there any other things you’d recommended I invest in to help me improve my game at home?

My favourite one for putting is a 1 metre metal ruler, and a puttout pressure putt trainer.

Rolling it along the metal ruler really tests your ability to start the ball off on the line you want it on, without too much side spin.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
My favourite one for putting is a 1 metre metal ruler, and a puttout pressure putt trainer.

Rolling it along the metal ruler really tests your ability to start the ball off on the line you want it on, without too much side spin.

Nice one. Definitely need something to help me and I will look into the ones you’ve mentioned. Feels like I’m pissing in the wind atm

G1z1

Visit site
I don’t think my putting mat has helped me much really. Big improvement ive made over past few months is my short game due to getting a sim put in. If you have room I would say get a sim 100%. Also have a swing plane trainer coming today, not tried one yet but guy I play with swears by his.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site

I received this SKLZ putting mat which seems to be really helping with my putting. I think its because of the markings neing set out at 3,5 & 7 feet and then showing how far to take the club back and through and the fact you putt uphill. I feel I'm getting more putts to the hole

1642615486666.png

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The beauty of a putting mat is you can get some practice in a on a daily basis quite easily. This helps to groove a stroke and also work out any pushes of pulls.
Sometimes it can feel too easy to hole them over and over on a putting mat. This will eventually translate to confidence on the course. You should stand over a putt and think, I knock these in all the time.

I've had a couple down the years. I've a new one coming to me soon. Cant wait for it to arrive.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The beauty of a putting mat is you can get some practice in a on a daily basis quite easily. This helps to groove a stroke and also work out any pushes of pulls.
Sometimes it can feel too easy to hole them over and over on a putting mat. This will eventually translate to confidence on the course. You should stand over a putt and think, I knock these in all the time.

I've had a couple down the years. I've a new one coming to me soon. Cant wait for it to arrive.

Do you not end up wearing a grove in the material such that it pretty much is impossible to miss?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do you not end up wearing a grove in the material such that it pretty much is impossible to miss?

I've heard its possible. Maybe if you putt straight up the middle of a mat.

The ones I've had wernt very wide. Even then I was able to position it in various spots so I didnt hit the exact same putt a million times.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Id also put £1 coins at various points under the mat to simulate break etc.

Adds a bit Of variety

My mate picked up this mat for me locally in England. Waiting for him to post it over to me. Cant wait.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-214101_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-214101_Samsung Internet.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 9