Golf abroad

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking to book something for 4 people and wondered who you use best deals locations ect was thinking turkey or Portugal but nothing set in stone as yet just looking for some advice
Thanks

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I can give some recommendations, but I'd love to know: budget, month you're going, do you want a car or taxis, standard of golf played by the group, coastal or inland, hotel (plus star) or airbnb villa, one or more "special" course, etc. before I star.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Planning on mid April no budget as yet but cheap as possible around £800-£1500 would prefer not to travel to far from base but know I might have to taxi for 4 plus equipment, golf standard will be low, high hc hotel, BnB anything is an option above 3 star and yes would like one top class course on coastal but open to anything really
Thanks

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have used Bilyana Golf Holidays https://www.bilyanagolf.com/ for our Turkey trips over the past 10 years and have found them to be excellent managing to get us preferred tee times on all the best courses ant easy airport transfers. Flying from Edinburgh we use Jet2 who fly direct to Antalya. A couple of our group who went at a later date last year flew Turkish Airlines to Istanbul and then Antalya which was slightly cheaper but they claim the flights were very poor and there was a long wait between connecting flights. We stay at the Sirene hotel which has a free minibus shuttle to The Pasha and Sultan courses.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have used Golfbreaks for trips to Portugal and Turkey. All nice and smooth both times.

Portugal was s/c, Turkey was AI. Did some sums after the second trip, and the overall costs were roughly the same once we paid for food, drink and car hire in Portugal.

Thought the standard of courses in Turkey was far better, if I was organising another trip, I'd go back to Turkey.

One tip - get quotes from a few companies and play them off against each other. I got the cost per person down by £100 and got us single rooms rather than sharing by playing Golfbreaks off against Bilyanna.

Bratty

Visit site
I've always used Golfbreaks and found them very reliable and pretty much on par with others for pricing (when I've looked).
Weather in both Turkey and Portugal should be similar that time of year.
Don't rule out the Canary Islands, either. Some good golf out there and good nightlife too!
If you decide on Portugal as the destination, let me know and I'll send you my experiences from the past two years.

Wanabe

Visit site
Planning on mid April no budget as yet but cheap as possible around £800-£1500 would prefer not to travel to far from base but know I might have to taxi for 4 plus equipment, golf standard will be low, high hc hotel, BnB anything is an option above 3 star and yes would like one top class course on coastal but open to anything really
Thanks
Quinta do Lago staying at Magnolia Hotel, 4 nights 4 rounds in April, second year. Shorter flight than Turkey and Quinta courses supposed to be best in the Algarve. Certainly North and Laranjal last year were great, playing North and South this year. Got several quotes, in the end company in Benalmadena Spain were cheapest. direct golf holiday. Pay for buggies out there. €25 Euros each. Not cheap overall coming in at around £1500 each including lights and spending money.

Bratty

Visit site
Quinta courses are my favourite in the Algarve. Just something special about them, and always in good condition.
Vale de Lobo is worth playing once or twice, but I'm done there now. Just too many 'meh' holes on each course. Some stunning views from two of them, but not enough to tempt me back now.
In Vilamoura, the Old Course was looking tired, and the Victoria course was good, but tricky first time of playing. I'd make different shot choices playing it again. Not sure I'd go back when staying in Almancil though.