GoKart come up trumps again

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Splitting hairs, I don't want a trolley giving up half way around, last few holes or on the 18th fairway

Quite, and as I said, "Never let me down during 5 years of ownership".

Sorry, but I will defend Gokart, they are robust and have a very strong motor that will pull cart bag and user up the steepest of hills.

:ears:

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Splitting hairs, I don't want a trolley giving up half way around, last few holes or on the 18th fairway

I think that's a bit harsh, that was my thread that you linked to and the trolley didn't give up, the battery stopped holding a full charge. A dodgy battery can and does happen to every manufacturer with equal probability, as they don't make their own batteries. My point in that thread was just the ease and lack of hassle getting it replaced.

In general, GK are very popular on here, they play a part in H4H and people want to buy and talk about their products. I would say that on this forum they punch well above their weight in terms of ownership, so it's only natural that there might be a few extra GK threads and it's a mistake to read too much into that.

I'll also say that I think that "I'm not buying your product because I've heard too much about your good customer service" is an extremely odd way to make a purchasing decision, but then to each their own. :confused:

In the end though, it's important to remember that these are only a way of getting our clubs round the course. I will post about them on here, because this is a forum and that's what we do, but I don't care at all what model anyone does or doesn't buy. And nobody ever got a handicap cut because they had a shiny Stewart remote control lithium battery model, and nobody ever went up a shot because of their 2-wheel Masters pull trolley with a wobbly wheel ... :D

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheaper batteries give up more regularly, like the other parts. I don't think anyone has said they wouldn't buy one because of the good service, feel free to correct me, but some like me have indicated they wouldn't buy one because they break so often

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'll also say that I think that "I'm not buying your product because I've heard too much about your good customer service" is an extremely odd way to make a purchasing decision, but then to each their own. :confused:

Without digressing because its obvious which side of the fence I stand but, I disagree Ben, I would take on board the sentence (strap line),

"the customer service & after sales is excellent should something go wrong"

against

"the customer service & after sales is excellent when something goes wrong"

the latter is not a selling point for me and with the amount of threads based on many parts breaking, failing whether in or out of warranty, the latter sentence is far too commonly spoken about so its no from me :smirk:

I've exhausted this now so, I'm out :smirk:

Markw

Head Pro
Visit site
Another Go-kart fan here, used once or twice a week in 5 years of ownership and its never been serviced and never let me down or gone wrong. In that time but both my fault, I dropped the battery and the cover snapped which cost around £10 to replace and also the bungee broke after 4 years which are around £5. First battery lasted 3 years and replaced with a identical one on ebay for £30 which will do 18 holes now but starting to slow down slightly at the end. Very reliable in my eyes and after initial worries of the strength and durability being plastic resin material, its certainly no concern for me and has remained solid feeling 5 years in unlike my friends powacaddys and motocaddys which have wear and feel rickety with lots of wear in the joints. My regular playing partner has had a powacaddy the same time I've had my go kart and he has had to replace the wheels, gearbox, axles and wiring issues in that time and had similar battery life.

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site
Without digressing because its obvious which side of the fence I stand but, I disagree Ben, I would take on board the sentence (strap line),

"the customer service & after sales is excellent should something go wrong"

against

"the customer service & after sales is excellent when something goes wrong"

the latter is not a selling point for me and with the amount of threads based on many parts breaking, failing whether in or out of warranty, the latter sentence is far too commonly spoken about so its no from me :smirk:

I've exhausted this now so, I'm out :smirk:

this man speaks sense- the GoKart fanbase choose not to listen to what he is saying and blindly repeat themselves. I don't think they understood your point Mr Fish

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah, I'll repeat myself, mine has not let me down in 5 years of ownership.

:whistle:

that's anecdotal.
...and so it continues.:rolleyes:

Like Mr Fish I am also out as you are clearly not listening nor possibly understanding the discussion. For the avoidance of doubt it is not an attack on Gokart, just an observation that appears to have been morphed into something else by the defensive attitudes on here.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
this man speaks sense- the GoKart fanbase choose not to listen to what he is saying and blindly repeat themselves. I don't think they understood your point Mr Fish

We know what he's saying, we just believe his view of the quality of the product is totally wrong, and, as long term owners we believe that it is a great product with a fantastic company attitude. All views can be skewed from a positive to a negative spin and that's precisely what Robin has done.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We know what he's saying, we just believe his view of the quality of the product is totally wrong, and, as long term owners we believe that it is a great product with a fantastic company attitude. All views can be skewed from a positive to a negative spin and that's precisely what Robin has done.

and here lies the problem, its the quality of the service and after-sales that is excellent, that's only because the quality of the product isn't, hence the the amount of posts about "service" replacing and mending the product that has failed!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I like you..:thup:

But, apparently I'm a spin doctor now :rofl:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
and here lies the problem, its the quality of the service and after-sales that is excellent, that's only because the quality of the product isn't, hence the the amount of posts about "service" replacing and mending the product that has failed!!

I posted that after using my trolley approx 3 times a week for 4 years that the front wheel was showing signs of wear on the edge and a bungee had snapped - if that's a sign of a poor product to you then I'm still strongly of the opinion you're wrong. Most of us who have actually bought and used a GoKart think the product is great, the cost is reasonable and the backup is second to none, you however, appear never to have owned or used one or experienced their customer service and your judgement, based on a few dozen postings is way off the mark.

That it for me, I'm fed up with the "my dads bigger that your dad" postings - you're wrong and that's that!

Markw

Head Pro
Visit site
I posted that after using my trolley approx 3 times a week for 4 years that the front wheel was showing signs of wear on the edge and a bungee had snapped - if that's a sign of a poor product to you then I'm still strongly of the opinion you're wrong. Most of us who have actually bought and used a GoKart think the product is great, the cost is reasonable and the backup is second to none, you however, appear never to have owned or used one or experienced their customer service and your judgement, based on a few dozen postings is way off the mark.

That it for me, I'm fed up with the "my dads bigger that your dad" postings - you're wrong and that's that!

My Go-kart has been used 2 rounds a week for five years and never let me down, if only everything in life was as reliable and long lasting as a go-kart.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Look, were not just talking about your issue, that's why there are so many other threads of things snapping, breaking, failing etc, yours is an isolated incident IMO of which you've had 4yrs of things being trouble free, many others on here and on other boards haven't been so lucky but only because of GK service have they been appeased!!

I am not wrong, the product breaks, fact, it fails, fact, its prone to many other issues that I don't read or hear about with other manufacturers trolleys, fact!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My Go-kart has been used 2 rounds a week for five years and never let me down, if only everything in life was as reliable and long lasting as a go-kart.

Your lucky, as the many, many threads about great service and after-sales due to breakdowns prove!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Look, were not just talking about your issue, that's why there are so many other threads of things snapping, breaking, failing etc, yours is an isolated incident IMO of which you've had 4yrs of things being trouble free, many others on here and on other boards haven't been so lucky but only because of GK service have they been appeased!!

I am not wrong, the product breaks, fact, it fails, fact, its prone to many other issues that I don't read or hear about with other manufacturers trolleys, fact!

Sorry Robin you don't have "facts" proving they are less reliable. The fact is that just because we post quite often on their brilliant customer service, where other trolleys receive little mention, in no way "proves" that GoKart are less reliable - it may simply prove that other companies just don't have a 1st class customer service worth extolling on the forum. With other manufacturers it maybe that everything out of warranty is paid for and the lack of postings about how they deal with the problems, that I'm sure all trolley manufacturers suffer from, proves what many here feel, that GoKart trolleys are a great bit of kit and the service is top notch

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Perhaps there are hundreds of people that have GoKarts that have no problems, so don't comment about it ? Mate I play with has one and has never had any problems. Six years he has had it, and so pleased with it he has bought a GoKart bag to go with it the other day.

It would also appear that a lot of the problems have been self inflicted, and GoKart have helped out.

I have a Stewart trolley, and the first time I put the brolley up, the holder snapped. I did get a replacement part, which had been strengthened. Good service but a design fault. Now it has been put right I would happily buy another Stewart push trolley when I get so old I can't carry.:whistle::)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Perhaps there are hundreds of people that have GoKarts that have no problems, so don't comment about it ? Mate I play with has one and has never had any problems. Six years he has had it, and so pleased with it he has bought a GoKart bag to go with it the other day.

It would also appear that a lot of the problems have been self inflicted, and GoKart have helped out.

I have a Stewart trolley, and the first time I put the brolley up, the holder snapped. I did get a replacement part, which had been strengthened. Good service but a design fault. Now it has been put right I would happily buy another Stewart push trolley when I get so old I can't carry.:whistle::)

I'm glad you posted that Richart because, using Fish's skewed thinking, I can now assume that Stewart trolleys have a 100% failure rate, given its the only post I've read about them! :lol:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm glad you posted that Richart because, using Fish's skewed thinking, I can now assume that Stewart trolleys have a 100% failure rate, given its the only post I've read about them! :lol:
Oddsocks had the same problem, so 2 out of 2 is pretty damning.;)