Go Kart Battery

Dave1980

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi I'm new around here!!!

just wondering if anyone who uses a Go Kart has managed to complete 36 holes with a 18 hole battery, or would I be pushing my luck.

I have my old battery which only last for about 15 holes so I don know if I should try and make that one last or if the new battery would do the job?

Thanks for any help!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I did it last Friday on the Longest Day Challenge without a problem as did HTL. My only advice would be not to drive it through too much thick rough as the friction and long grass needs more motor power and will obviously drain the battery that bit more. It is fine for the odd one off but if you want to do 36 regularly I'd look at either another 18 hole battery or their 36 holer. Why not contact Sandy via e-mail at Sandy@gokart.co.uk or send a PM on here (Sandy) and get advice from the experts

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get 36 holes out of them no bother. Done it on flat courses , hilly courses , links/parkland you name it. I even got 3 rounds out of one a while back but wouldnt risk it again , just in case. 2 rounds no probs whatsoever

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As above. Two rounds no bother. Just make sure you "coast" it when on flat ground to save the battery for when it gets hilly later on.
I did 45 on it once, 18 around Beau Desert and 27 around Whittington Heath the following day.
She was still chugging strongly going up the last.
Don't let Sandy at GoKart know though....she'll slap yer wrists.
;)

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wish I had read this thread before I went out this morning.
Collecting the battery, I found it was not on charge so I used my pull trolley. Got tired before the end of the round and nearly lost to my old friend and rival.

edgey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

I did 36 holes in one day last month and my 18 hole Go Kart battery was fine. In fact it had loads left at the end.

Hope that helps

Edgey

Guns

Club Champion
Visit site
Any advice my battery starts to struggle now after about 15 holes, I do leave it on continual charge as per instructions. But I do get the feeling I have bought the relant robin of golf trolleys.

Guns

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm not sure how would you tell if it was the trolley 6 months ago when I had the trolley the battery would just about do 2 rounds, only tried it twice though. And nothing as changed with the trolley.

Dave1980

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just to say thanks for your comments/advice about the battery, it completed the 36 holes with ease and still had enough in the tank to pull me and the clubs up to the car park after a few refreshments ;)

The golf was not that bad either net 4 over for 36 holes!