GM team at Spey Valley

C

CannyFifer

If algar or SteveK are only up for the day I could meet up and we could share my car as it's a volvo estate with plenty of room.

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Alec,

Thanks but I'm heading up with Craw and staying overnight and playing Castle Stuart on the Saturday. I'll send you a pm about getting a game at your place or mine.

Cheers,

Alan

T

thecraw

Gatwick!

Slowest airport in the Western World! I was not impressed and certainly not a fan! :mad:

Ryanair by chance?

Same thing - they're both rubbish...they just want the plane to leave on time for the next journey, whilst your bags sit at the side of the plane until the next ones have gone on.....you pays yer money though I suppose....

Absolute nonsense. Easyjet are not responsible for getting your bags from the planes, thats the jobs of the baggage handling companies who get these contracts. Its also in their interest to get the planes emptied on time as well as they get financial penalties for failing to meet targets.

Gatwick is a joke in relation to the time it takes you to get through the security and from the plane. The whole set up needs to be reviewed and improved on vastly.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
4 hours from troon doable?
We have alittle more than that but not much.
What is the road like for speed cameras ?(I rarely speed but if we can keep to the speed limits give or take.....)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive been looking at google earth myself thats what was telling me 3 1/2 hours. Over here, less than an hour to pick Simon up and up to the boat, 2 hours relaxation, 3 1/2 to Spey and later a fairly straight forward run up to Nairn Caravans.
Ive done Belfast to Kent and back same day etc before so its certainly no biggy, the fuel used is expected to be similar to what the plane would have used though haha.
I take it we are ok to check into the caravan site later on in the evening then out on the tear?
Ive got to get through a few towns not long after rush hour albeit on a friday. Im not a big fan of buggies but might make an exception just this once :D We still want to be fresh(ish) for castle stuart.

B

birdieman

Im not a big fan of buggies but might make an exception just this once :D We still want to be fresh(ish) for castle stuart.

Take the buggies! I dont use them either normally but it's a long long way on course and between holes. We took 4 hours with buggies.

Here's the bonny par 3 somewhere near the turn, tee far right, heather won't be in bloom for you alas or trees in leaf but it'll look stunning nonetheless -

lochanandgreen-1.jpg

C

CannyFifer

course looks nice, I must also mention I'm a 28 too and not 24 :)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Metcheck long range weather forecast for Inverness next week-end....2 degrees and heavy snowfall.
Jeez I hope they've got it wrong

your metcheck is different to mine Thurs - Mon, highest temp 0 (windchill -7) snow showers Friday, light snow Saturday - orange balls anyone?

global warning my . . .

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
your metcheck is different to mine Thurs - Mon, highest temp 0 (windchill -7) snow showers Friday, light snow Saturday - orange balls anyone?

La la la la la .........I'm not listening, I'm not listening. Fingers in my ears. Do you see my fingers in my ears?

Will be have a wee prayer every night for the next week or so. However I shall also be formulating a plan B..... just in case.

:(

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
La la la la la .........I'm not listening, I'm not listening. Fingers in my ears. Do you see my fingers in my ears?
Will be have a wee prayer every night for the next week or so. However I shall also be formulating a plan B..... just in case.:(

Bugger that!!!
Last time I went to Scotland and somebody said let's go to plan B I woke up with a hangover and a sore arse....

doc17

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played there this time last year and it was a real pleasure, however don't expect too much from the greens as they are under snow for best part of 6 months. As furry as a horses back!! still a great place though, especially the whiskey choices in the town!! ;0)

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a wee list of who is to pay what on the day, gents. Please pay your balance, if any, at the pro shop when you first arrive. I've given the pro this list so just give your name, tee time and hand over your dosh.

They'll show you where to get your coffee and bacon rolls. I'll be there with some of the Edinburgh mob from 11.30am onwards.

Looking foward to seeing you all.

12.30 (Viscount17) Steve Clifford (21) (to pay £40)
(Grumpyjock) Chris Chapple (22) (paid £55 by his own cheque)
v
(John_Findlay) John Findlay (9) (JF to pay £40)
Colin Devine (24) (JF to pay £40)

12.40 (Smiffy) Rob Smith (12) (JF to pay £40)
Ray Taylor (12) (to pay £40)
v
Donald Waters (22) (JF to pay £40)
(AckerHurst) Nigel Hurst (18) (JF to pay £40)

12.50 (Triguy) Andy Bain (6) (to pay £40)
(StuartD) Stuart Douglas (13) (to pay £40)
v
Pete Sinclair (Bonto) (16) (JF to pay £40)
Gavin Howieson (24) (JF to pay £40)

13.00 (forefortheday) Anthony North (24) (JF to pay £40)
(Vig) Dave Harris (14) (to pay £40)
v
Alan Sutherland (24) (JF to pay £40)
Tommy McLean (9) (JF to pay £40)

13.10 (SammmeBee) Sam Smith (5) (to pay £40)
(IainG) Iain J Gray (19) (to pay £40)
v
Alan Taylor (24) (JF to pay £40)
Dave Canavan (7) (JF to pay £40)

13.20 (Patricks148) Patrick Sylvester (11) (to pay £40)
(thecraw) Crawford Kilpatrick (5) (to pay £40)
v
Clark Russell (10) (JF to pay £40)
Alasdair Irving (15) (JF to pay £40)

13.30 (Algar5) Alan Russell (6) (to pay £40)
(Alec) Eck Wilson (24) (to pay £55)
v
Gerry Love (18) (JF to pay £40)
Scott Martin (7) (JF to pay £40)

13.40 (Whereditgo) Phil Medley (24) (to pay £40)
(Stevek1969) Steve Kemlo (10) (to pay £55)
v
Alan Minnican (15) (JF to pay £40)
Ryan Asher (4) (JF to pay £40)

13.50 (Brendy) Brendan Nelson (9) (to pay £40)
(ChiefChief) Simon Nelson (10) (to pay £40)
v
(Toad) John Boag (11) (to pay £40)
Mike Melville (10) (to pay £55)

Cheers

John

:cool: :cool:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
John
just another big "thank you" for all that you are doing to ensure that this week-end goes with a bang mate.
You're as star and I look forward to buying you a thank you pint.
;)

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
No problemo Smiffy.

My guys are getting quite excited and are enviously eyeing up the Clark's Bar Trophy in the pub, which is our side event. I'll maybe post a photo later when I go down for a few. It's rather nice.

Had a wee panic earlier in the week. Wrist problem. Couldn't hold a toothbrush never mind a golf club for 4 days. Hospital has sorted me out and raring to go. Club polishing this weekend!

:p

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My guys are getting quite excited and are enviously eyeing up the Clark's Bar Trophy in the pub, which is our side event.

Side event eh?
So no chance of a soft, shandy drinking Southern poofter coming up and nicking it away with a deftly scored 44 points then?????
;) ;) ;)

Good news abut the wrist John.
Stop the Jodrells.
You know it makes sense Rodney
;)

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
So no chance of a soft, shandy drinking Southern poofter coming up and nicking it away with a deftly scored 44 points then?????

Well, maybe AckerHurst, who you're playing with.

:p

If you can score 44 points around any of these 3 courses you can have it, mate! Our winner last year over 3 days had 97 stableford points. (Only 24 of them at Spey Valley- It's a toughy!)

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
With Alan Sutherland dropping out cos' he's stuck in the Maldives we have a spare space for anyone on Friday.

Hopefully it will be someone who's replacing him at Castle Stuart too but it's open at the moment (Wednesday 21st). Let me know if anyone is interested.