GM team at Spey Valley

T

thecraw

Right guys here's the team and partners for Spey Valley. If you are not happy or wanted to play with someone else or are travelling with someone else let me know and I will change, re-jig, or whatever to accomodate.

1) VISCOUNT17 + GRUMPYJOCK

2) SMIFFY + RAY TAYLOR

3) BRENDY + TRIGUY

4) FOREFORETHEDAY + VIG

5) SAMMABEE + IAING

6) CHIEF CHIEF + STUARTD

7) ALGAR5 + ALEC (BEWARE TWO DODGY FIFERS!)

8) WHEREDITGO + TBC

9) PATRICKS148 + THECRAW

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Craw, for what its worth, myself and chiefchief are heading up together in my car from troon, we might be a little tight for getting there for the first fourball teeing off, boat lands at 9.15.
Just a heads up in case we get held up.
Really looking forward to the weekend now! :D

T

thecraw

No problem. Your and chief chief are now anchor men at games 8+9 or would you rather play together at game 9?

Just tell me what suits you guys best and I can chop and change.

thecraw

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Judging by how some folks have been commenting on how long the drive is from troon (traffic wise). I think you might as well put us out together at the end, no point changing other folks times to suit us at the last minute should we be really late. Cheers craw.

T

thecraw

1. VISCOUNT17 + GRUMPYJOCK

2. SMIFFY + RAY TAYLOR

3. TRIGUY + STUARTD

4. FOREFORTHEDAY + VIG

5. SAMMABEE + IAING

6. PATRICKS148 + THE CRAW

7. ALGAR5 + ALEC

8. WHEREITGO + TBC

9. TWO TROUBLESOME IRISH! ;)

T

thecraw

Steve I can put you where you want to play.

Simples. Let me know. Good to have a back bone of Pingers in the team at least that way I know I have a team of players wanting to play their best!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good stuff Crawford.

Now that you have the GM team sorted (hopefully Stevek1969 will make it now) here's the full list of timings and pairings. Some good match ups assured.

(Viscount17) Steve Clifford (21) & (Grumpyjock) Chris Chapple (22)
v (John_Findlay) John Findlay (9) & Colin Devine (24)

(Smiffy) Rob Smith (12) & Ray Taylor (12)
v Donald Waters (22) & (AckerHurst) Nigel Hurst (18)

(Triguy) Andy Bain (6) & (StuartD) Stuart Douglas (13) &
v Pete Sinclair (Bonto) (16) & Gavin Howieson (24)

(forefortheday) Anthony North (24) & (Vig) Dave Harris (14)
v Alan Sutherland (24) & Tommy McLean (9)

(SammmeBee) Sam Smith (5) & (IainG) Iain J Gray (19)
v Alan Taylor (24) & Dave Canavan (7)

(Patricks148) Patrick Sylvester (11) & (thecraw) Crawford Kilpatrick (5)
v Clark Russell (10) & Alasdair Irving (15)

(Algar5) Alan Russell (6) & (Alec) Eck Wilson (24)
v Gerry Love (18) & Scott Martin (7)

(Whereditgo) Phil Medley (24) & A. N. Other forumer
v Alan Minnican (15) & Ryan Asher (4)

(Brendy) Brendan Nelson (9) & (ChiefChief) Simon Nelson (10)
v (Toad) John Boag (11) & Mike Melville (10)

Arrangements;- Coffee & bacon rolls are free when you arrive. Help yourself.

The two course meal afterwards will be in three sitting of 12 players. So those teeing off between 12.30 and 12.50 will sit down together at 17.30, the next 12 at 18.00 and the last 12 at 18.30. That way you're not waiting long after your round for some well deserved food.

For those who've still to pay either their balance of £40 or the full £55 please do this in the pro shop when you first arrive. I'll give him your names and order of play so he knows who's paid.

Buggies are free. The first tee is a good few hundred yards from the pro shop. Spey Valley transport each group down to the 1st tee in people carriers with their bags to get their buggies so please be outside the pro shop with your bag, ready to play, 15 mins before your tee time. Likewise when you finish your round they'll transport you back to the "clubhouse" for dinner.

The weather;- Hoping for the best but the course is playing now. The nearest webcam is at Boat of Garten Golf Club, just along the road, so it's a good indicator of what to expect. Here's a link-

http://82.152.71.153:62943/view/index.shtml

Afterwards;- Dinners should be finished by 19.00-19.15. For those travelling to Nairn afterwards for Castle Stuart next day it's a 45 minute trip in the car. We can make arrangements for a suitable pub to meet in after we've checked in to caravans/B&B's.

Format. I'd suggest fourball better ball off full handicap.

Cool. Any questions?

:D :D

T

thecraw

I would always suggest that 3/4 difference from the low man is the preferred format for 4bbb!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're right, of course. I was trying to eek out a few extra shots for my high men. Damn. Foiled again. If it wasn't for those pesky kids I'd have gotten away with it.

:D

T

thecraw

More of an oversight than question John.

Did I mention my handicap is now 28 :eek:

(In my defence 24 was my club starting maximum)

Well done Anthony. Make sure you get what your entitled too! Findlay is up to all sorts of tricks.

Weakening our team, changing our team, puting down false handicaps, dodgy formats etc etc

Looks like we'll have to watch him like a hawk! :mad:

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I saw that Anthony. No chance mate. Only girls play off 28.

;) ;)

I've asked if I can play the ladies comps last week after seeing one of them take a driver on a 100 yard par 3 (she only got halfway too!).

I might have a chance against that kind of competition ;)

Wouldn't have minded wearing a dress either gets a bit of air on the old carriage :D

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
The young Jedi from the Dark Side (Dundee) will be there to bolster the Ping ranks, feel the force GM its strong at Spey Valley. :)