GM Forum Weightwatchers Mk II

DCB

Visit site
Okay gents, some of us attempted to put ourselves on a diet or fitness regime last year. We all had success to some extent or other. Trouble is, the long winter has taken its toll on our athletic frames.

What I suggest is resurrecting the forum self help group geeing each other along in the quest to lose those excess pounds and gain a bit of fitness before the season gets into full swing. Once again with a weekly update on our progress - Maybe a Wednesday Weigh Day again.

Personally, I found this quite helpful last time round, I lost just over a stone and a half. The trouble is, I’ve put 6 lbs back on in the last coupe of months. I need to get motivated and get the weight off again. I've actually started looking at my diet and managed christmas and new year with only half a pound addition.

Any takers ?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good call mate, I have defo enjoyed Xmas too much, I am back up to 16 stone, was 14.2 on December 19!!!

Starting back my training at the gym on Monday (No heavy weights) but fitting it around my golf for the first ever time.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wednesday weigh ins was good last year, some of you were doing really well!

I dont need to loose any weight but do need to get fiter. I might pop in and update you on my progress to. Maybe it will be on how quick I am running miles in. Prob start at something like 9 min miles :(

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Starting back my training at the gym on Monday (No heavy weights) but fitting it around my golf for the first ever time .

How do you intend to do this? I go to the gym once or twice a week and would like some ideas of how to make it more golf specific if you have any I am not already aware of. I nick most of my ideas from the TPI programs shown on Setanta golf channel.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Sounds good to me.
My job has become markedly "softer" for the last 12 months owing to a promotion and it's telling around my waistline now.
It sounds a good idea to get back in shape and the new year is the ideal time to start.
I've certainly some post Christmas calories to burn off.

First things first is to check my weight on a decent set of scales. I haven't stood on a set in ages, the outcome may be scary!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I in! I was going to post something similiar to this but have been beaten to it.

My current stats are weight...........14.7
body fat % .......33.6%
BMI ............28.5
height(dont expect to change this).5 11 and a half!

My target is based on my body fat not weight. I hope to reduce my BF% this year by 10% eg from 33.6 to 23.6

I will weight myself ever Sunday morning when I get up and record it here / or somewhere on this forum.

This is the first time I made this goal public so who knows how it will go. It may be an unrealistic target....any fitness/health people may help.

Until next sunday for me.....

Clansman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm up for it. I need to loose about 3stone so this could be the motivation I need.

Will post tomorrow with my weight etc. Also wednesday weigh-in sound good to me.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm in too.

Current :-

Height 6ft 1/2 inch
Weight Humungous
Waist Humungous

Wednesday weigh-ins - I'll post mine then.

DCB

Visit site
well a good response from the forum guys on this one !

Here's hoping we can make a difference for ourselves. I know that I really need to knuckle down on this one this time.

cheers guys

dave

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
deffo in again.....
joints are starting to tell me i need to get my weight down again
stats are;
height 5ft 8 1/2 "
weight 13st 7lb
bmi 28
target 12st by april fools day

B

birdieman

I would only suggest that folks are careful not to confuse getting lighter with getting fitter.

You can get tremendously fitter and stronger by combining healthy eating with some weight training which will let you attain muscle mass. You won't nescessarily be any lighter but you will have a thinner waist and thicker quads - ie better proportioned.

I know some folks think golf and weight training don't mix but that's not true. Golf power comes from the core - pecs, abs, lats, glutes, quads etc. Get these areas strong and you'll have less chance of golf injury and will probably hit it further too. You must incorprate plenty stretching too though to maintain mobility.

Look at the Anthony Kim report in the latest GM, you don't need to have suppleness like John Daly, Kim just uses a 3/4 swing but hits it miles and is quite small. He's very powerful though, as is KJ Choi.

I am less inclined to lose weight per se, I would like to lose plenty fat however :( but build some more muscle as well :D, probably staying around my current weight overall.

Dieting alone will leave you irritable, tired and down but eat well and exercise hard and you'll be able to keep at it long term.......Hopefully

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wise words Birdieman, Often alot of people do get bummed out because they starve themselves stupid trying to get the weight down. The key is, carry on eating well but just choose carefully. The most important thing is to increase the amount that you are active.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im up for this again ...i lost 3st 8 lb last year.. now i put half a stone back on again so would like to lose half a stoen to a stone again!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm in.

Lost about 1.5 stone last year, put most of it back on. It's much easier with the lighter evenings allowing us to get out and play - the dark (and a sedentary occupation) just encourages staying in and pork!

Starting at 16.10