Gloves

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

anyone have any idea on how long a glove should last ? Also anyone recommend a good glove.

Cheers

Midnight.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
i use the fj sciflex they last quite a while and can get them in different colours so i can remember which gloves are older than another and i have a glove to match every outfit very poulter like

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use a nice pair of yellow marigolds!!

Get gloves at christmas so havent bought a glove for a while. Get quite a few months out of a pair but again it will depend on how much play / practise you do.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a Callaway warbird glove that split at the knuckles after a month. Is a great glove and i still use it.

Had a nike glove and it lasted about a month also!

Swap between a couple of srixons and 2 callaways, most are still in good order after a few months

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
The longest lasting leather glove (if that is what you are after) that I have come across is the Srixon carbretta for only £7.99 at direct golf. I had the top titleist leather glove before that and whilst you could tell the leather was better quality it lasted for about 5 rounds and was then unuseable. I've had my srixon for nearly two months but am changing it tomorrow. Well worth it at that price if you can't keep justifying a £14 glove.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to say my Sciflex has lasted since before Christmas and is still going strong. The secret I think is not using it when we have anything more than a light drizzle so the leather doesn't get too wet and then dry's hard.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can vouch for the Srixon's. Bought 3 for £15 at dg in October, one pair is just starting to show a little wear.

another must is a 'super sticky' rain glove, I have FJ's.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have the Fj as well. I played in the torrential rain on Monday and by the end of the first it was so wet you could literally wring water out of it but it did what it was designed to do and gripped the club brilliantly.

I have to be fair and say given the soaking it was getting I wasn't convinced it would last me all the way round so I was grateful we called it a day after a 5 foot putt on the 4th couldn't get through the water and get to the hole.

We were the only ones out there and when we reported back to the pro they called the greenkeeper out to inspect the course and it was promptly shut

Does anyone know if the wet glove do actually last in seriously bad weather or do they reach an optimum point where even they don't work properly

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree with theeaglehunter and viscount17. I bought the Srixon gloves on ebay, 3 for £15. Play 2 - 3 times per week and get plenty of use out of these gloves, they last a good 6 weeks, not bad for a fiver.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I change my gloves about every 4 weeks, still keep old ones for use but I like a nice new glove.

I was given a demonstration of the all weather glove in DG. he put both gloves (they come in a pair) in a bucket of water and put the grip of the club in as well. I then proceeded to hit 10 ball in the net and couldn't believe how much grip they had. There was a small puddle on the mat where I had been stood and it WAS from the the gloves.

I didn't buy the gloves as, a) I don't like wearing two b)I hoped that as it was the beginning of May I wouldn't need to and c) I thought they were expensive. But....... they worked

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I change my gloves about every 4 weeks, still keep old ones for use but I like a nice new glove.

I was given a demonstration of the all weather glove in DG. he put both gloves (they come in a pair) in a bucket of water and put the grip of the club in as well. I then proceeded to hit 10 ball in the net and couldn't believe how much grip they had. There was a small puddle on the mat where I had been stood and it WAS from the the gloves.

I didn't buy the gloves as, a) I don't like wearing two b)I hoped that as it was the beginning of May I wouldn't need to and c) I thought they were expensive. But....... they worked

There's just no pleasing some people. Ten out of ten for the sheer gall of it but just don't turn up at MWJ's gaff expecting to buy a motor anytime soon.

sheesh :rolleyes:

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use FJ GTX as well through the winter and on really hot days as the strechy bits let some air in.

For my leather gloves,mostly use Srixon for the reasons above,the alternative being FJ sciflex if feeling tarty.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i use a titleist and buy one a week on a saturday morning normally for the comp.it will be used from anything from 3 to 7 rounds and numerous lunchtime trips to the range and lessons.