Gleneagles

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Off their in a weeks time for the big 50.

Got a round booked on the Kings, Queens and PGA and one day of no golf.

Anyone been?

Any tips for the Hotel or Golf?

Liked the ryder cup course, but has had some changes since.

Loved the Kings, havent played the Queens yet.

Went for a mooch in the hotel, has little shops in an arcade, very exclusive.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
PGA gets a lot of bad press but I really enjoyed it. My thoughts are it gets harshly criticized and was a lot better than I was lead to believe so go in open minded. The back 9 isn't quite as good as the front 9 but overall very good plus it has a "sub-air" system on the greens which make them very playable all year round.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played there a little before the Ryder Cup, in fact I met Paul McGinley on the 1st tee. I enjoyed the PGA even though they were still making some changes to the course. I didn't play the Queens but the Kings was fabulous. My family paid for a round with one of the Club pro's to ensure I had a decent game and he was most helpful in acting as a caddy going round, not carrying my gear, but giving me the right lines and often advising on the right club. This was good as the Kings had quite a few blind shots and I'd have had no idea on how to play some holes, anyway it worked as I beat the pro 2 and 1 ! The Kings was absolutely fabulous.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a superb set up and all 3 course are of the highest standard, I bit the bullet and joined last month and wish I had done it years ago.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Paid £750 joining fee which is discounted thro an existing members scheme then 2K plus for the subs and £80 to join one of the clubs.

Not outrageous for what they provide. It would be out of everyone's reach if it were down here in the South East 😀

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
One tip. My mate's son bought his mam & dad dinner, bed & breakfast at the hotel. At the end of dinner the waiter asked if he'd like a brandy. "Yes please" he said. When they checked out he discovered that his brandy had cost £40.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I played there a little before the Ryder Cup, in fact I met Paul McGinley on the 1st tee. I enjoyed the PGA even though they were still making some changes to the course. I didn't play the Queens but the Kings was fabulous. My family paid for a round with one of the Club pro's to ensure I had a decent game and he was most helpful in acting as a caddy going round, not carrying my gear, but giving me the right lines and often advising on the right club. This was good as the Kings had quite a few blind shots and I'd have had no idea on how to play some holes, anyway it worked as I beat the pro 2 and 1 ! The Kings was absolutely fabulous.

Have readout blind shots etc and have inquired re a caddy

thanks

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Excellent what a fabulous place to play golf every week - very jealous.

If if you are around next week, I may see you- booked to play Fri, Sat and Sunday

I will certainly be about next week, playing the Kings on Wednesday PGA Friday Kings Saturday and Queens on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 21258

I'm jealous of both of you, once stayed in the estate(in a cottage/house). The hotel, and courses looked amazing, when we walk around the public footpaths in the evening. Even saw my 1st red squirrels in the wild there. Just a wonderful setting, shame about the 'kind of busy' main road that runs next/in between the course or it would be perfect.

Gleneagles, is my top 4 courses to play, hoping to do it end of August when in Scotland for other golf or early next year and been looking at the deals recently and timings.

Are you doing it on the £201.80 4 ball deal or on a different deal ?