Gift ideas for 50th

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A friend and his wife are celebrating their joint 50th in Nov.. Neither play golf. Looking for some gift ideas. Suggestions welcome.
Or for those who have done the milestone, what did you get.. .

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
A friend and his wife are celebrating their joint 50th in Nov.. Looking for some gift ideas. Suggestions welcome.
Or for those who have done the milestone, what did you get.. .
Golf club membership !

It's what Mrs B got me for my 50th. But given that they are only your friends, it's probably a bit over budget ... :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine is coming up in December and I have let everyone know that I do not want anything. I am at that age where I do not need any more 'stuff'. Over half a century I have pretty much got everything I need. If people want to take me out for a meal over the next few months (ideally once the Xmas music and menus have gone (the wonders of having a December birthday) then I would enjoy that My wife has been slghtly more insistant that she get me something to remember and so she is getting me a nice new wallet as I will use that for years.

To give a more helpful suggestion perhaps, if they are beer drinkers, I really appreciated and use my Perfect Draft keg machine I got last year and a case of wine has always gone down well

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Another vote for the less stuff route. I’m currently celebrating my 60th belatedly by doing a whisky tour. Whilst this has resulted in a small amount of extra “stuff” being acquired ??, it has more been about the experience of visiting the distilleries and seeing where and how it is made.

If they are into something maybe a shared experience day might fit the bill?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another vote for the less stuff route. I’m currently celebrating my 60th belatedly by doing a whisky tour. Whilst this has resulted in a small amount of extra “stuff” being acquired ??, it has more been about the experience of visiting the distilleries and seeing where and how it is made.

If they are into something maybe a shared experience day might fit the bill?

HID says Gin tasting/distillery tour too

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bombay Sapphire is not far from me, i cycle past it often. It has tours and stuff. Will be some posh country hotels round there too.
I think the mrs also said BS. Silent Pool is closer but apparently dont do couples.. while BS has a his & her

RichA

Visit site
There are plenty of small gin and rum makers where you can have a tour and tasting session then create your own bottle with botanicals and spices that you like. I'd quite like to to that.