Getting fitted to alter current clubs

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone ever done this? I bought off the shelf clubs 1.5 years ago and as I was a higher handicap at the time was more concerned with developing a more consistent swing.

However now that I'm more comfortable I feel that I could do with either/both slightly shorter shafts and a flatter lie. My shots tend to be a bit pull hooky. When ball is above feet I especially struggle.

I have tried having club more upright but I don't feel in proper posture when I do this tho when I make good connections there is less shape. Usually 5 yard push to right of target.

Does anyone know where I could get this done near Glasgow? I was thinking going all the way to titleist kingsacre site but I can't afford to spend a fortune if they suggest I need completely new shafts etc.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any decent pro will loft, lie and length your clubs, should be very cheap too. If you alter the length you will need new grips though.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Any decent pro will loft, lie and length your clubs, should be very cheap too. If you alter the length you will need new grips though.

Depends how good your grips and your pro are; if the grips are decent enough & worth saving a good pro will be able to get them off with a syringe & solvent. Compressed air is another alternative for both removal & solvent free installation.