Getting bavk to golfing

Marty6465

Visit site
I just got the ok to golf again after a shoulder surgery. Made a tee time for Wednesday. They said no one plays solo, and I would be paired up with someone. Never done that before. Is there anything I can do to not be embarrassed if this other person(s) are super good? Just curious

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When you meet them on the first tee, just explain that you haven’t played for a while and are getting back into golf. Odds on they will be happy to accommodate you and accept any bad shots - as long as you practice the normal etiquette with divots, pitch marks , bunkers , pace of play , etc. I’m sure it will be fine and your fears will be misplaced

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I just got the ok to golf again after a shoulder surgery. Made a tee time for Wednesday. They said no one plays solo, and I would be paired up with someone. Never done that before. Is there anything I can do to not be embarrassed if this other person(s) are super good? Just curious
Some people are d*ckheads, but most people are not. The chances are good that the person/people you play with will be more interested in whether you're good company than whether you fat some wedges. Don't worry about what they think of your game, just enjoy being back on the course.